best way to put a chick out of its miserey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Yeah... I agree with this and, fortunately, have my husband do the dirty work but if I ever do have to I'd do it VERY quickly and move on and remind myself that they are livestock and they don't have feelings. Still, very hard for a tenderhearted person! For a lot of chicken people it's not about husbandry but about pets.

I grew up on a farm and our livestock are treated just as our pets. Any animal that needs to be put down gets done. I've had to put horses, cattle, dogs, cats, and birds out of their misery all well by my teens. It's part of life.

I grew up on a farm and our livestock are treated just as our pets. Any animal that needs to be put down gets done. I've had to put horses, cattle, dogs, cats, and birds out of their misery all well by my teens. It's part of life.
It's definitely a weakness I have - I told hubby that next time I would do it (gulp). It is a necessity to acquire that skill. Yes, I also do agree and like that they are treated as "pets" - animals raised humanely and with love are good all the way around. ❤

hi i have a baby chick who has a balance problem... her legs are weird and she cannot stand at all.... ive not slept for a day trying to get this chick to eat something but nothing worked.... my heart is aching.... ive searched a painless way to kill a baby chick and it was cutting their head.... i really cannot do that..... like forreal i will get a panic attack and probably a heart attack too if i ever kill a baby chick... is it okay if i leave her next to me and blow warm air on her until the day she dies of hunger? please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom