Best way to put eggs in incubator - on side or upright?

KRack

Crowing
Jan 18, 2022
PA
I’m about to put some eggs in an incubator and have read mixed reviews so I thought I’d ask quick. Have you had more success laying eggs on their side, or putting them in an egg carton or something so they can incubate upright?

I was inclined to lay them on their side. I’ll be the egg turner as the incubator doesn’t do that.

I’ve done both ways as in one incubator I have to hand turn them and they are on their sides and my other incubator they are placed upright and the turning cradle turns the whole incubator. I’ve had good results both ways and found no difference.

I’ve done both ways as in one incubator I have to hand turn them and they are on their sides and my other incubator they are placed upright and the turning cradle turns the whole incubator. I’ve had good results both ways and found no difference.
Ok, awesome. I think I’m going to put the shipped eggs in the upright position, and the others on their sides. Thanks for your feedback!

Just to put my two cents in I had a horrible horrible experience incubating upright. All the babies ended up picking the wrong way. For some reason they did not absorb all of the egg, white and drown, so no I would not recommend incubating operate if you leave them of rate for the first three days until them until their air cells are better that’s fine but then you definitely don’t need to put them down. I had a horrible experience and don’t want anybody else to go through the same thing. These were called duck eggs I’m not sure if chicken eggs are easier to incubate up right I don’t know but I know I did not see one post about anybody saying that Doug eggs were not OK to be incubated upright not one but it is what it is I will never go through it again.

when you say upright, is it pointy side up or down? Thankyou

when you say upright, is it pointy side up or down? Thankyou
Pointy side down and fat end up :)
E63C0927-45E4-4F55-8B81-A253270EA7D2.jpeg

Im the one who responded about putting the eggs (1st X for me) in egg cartons thru the inc process. Everywhere said pointy side down. Its been wonderful so far as the ease of turning them, so I can get the lid back on fast. Ive candled them and they are looking beautiful and even inside. BUT...my question is......isnt the air sac supposed to be on the big end?????? not pointy??? Im having a moment of panic as the air sac is on the pointy
side.

Back
Top Bottom