Best way to ship eggs?

fatcatx

Songster
8 Years
Apr 7, 2013
Northern California
I am driving this weekend to pick up some eggs for myself and to share with a friend. I have never shipped eggs before and would love input on what works best (or what DIDN'T work) so she will hopefully receive them all intact. Also looking for what's economical. I know there are special Styrofoam forms but that would get too costly, at least for these eggs.

Most frequently I read about people wrapping them in bubble wrap, placing a box with packing material, and then double boxing. Is this the best way to go? Best packing material? I've read about using packing peanuts, paper, or wood shavings, but not sure why people have their preferences.

Last edited:
Hi there
I ship many boxes of eggs a year.
I put a mark on a piece of tissue and I cut a corner of
A square of bubble wrap
I first put the round end of the egg facing twords the marked piece of tissue and wrap it up
put a pice of sticky take across the tissue to stop it opening
Then wrap the egg in the bubble wrap with the cut corner of the bubble wrap facing the same way as the marked piece of tissue
This is to stop the air cell breaking.
After local the eggs are wrapped I put them into a ziplock bag
(Not Individually) and make sure there is no movement inside the bag
After this place the ziplock bag into a box and stuff the sides with newspaper,
That's it.
Here is a link on YouTube which is how I learned how to ship eggs
Goodluck

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the reply! The video is very helpful. I will give this a try. I've never seen it done this way.

Wondering, do you mark the box "This end up" or "Fragile"?

I just noticed your signature - I'm jealous! It's tough to find even standard Coronation Sussex here. I'm trying mailed eggs this spring. The bantams are !ovely.

Thanks Fionn. I am in the states (California) so unfortunately shipping is not an option.
hmm.png
Wish it was, but then I would get into so much trouble!

Lol yes you would probably have a lot more breeds!
I never knew it was not aloud to ship eggs from here to America.
I know you can send eggs from here everywhere else.
Maybe it's just a disease thing?

Back
Top Bottom