Best/Worst TV Commecials...

My DH watches fishing shows on tv on the weekends and there's a commercial where a guy and presumably his wife are standing on their bass fishing boat in the early morning:

Woman: I'm twitching a 6 inch stick through the weeds, you?

Man: Same
Woman: Pumpkin seed or chartreuse?

Man: Chartreuse
Woman: Chartreuse, that's a funny word, I wonder where they came up with that word?

Man (with gritted teeth): France..

This goes on and at the end it says "A woman will say 27 million words before an Evinrude engine needs maintenance, a man will say 7 million."

My DH and I recite this to each other all the time. But it's a real good reminder to me to not be an annoying talkative woman. I stay quiet a lot now.

Last edited:
I crack up everytime I see the turkey flying out of the dryer, then the guy says "Honey, the turkey is thawed."
And I hit the mute button when the "free credit report.com" dude starts singing.
barnie.gif

I hate the KFC commercial where they have a lady and her kids go to the grocery store and they have to get all the ingredients for a KFC meal under $10, and at the end they're like not under ten dollars lets go to KFC. Yes because you need one whole bag of flour for a few pieces of chicken! that commercial is so retarded!!

Last edited:
Current least-favorite: the Toyota ads with the "Saved By Zero" music. They repeat the "saved by zero" words so much it's irritating.

I can't think of any commercials that I really like. Maybe the Arby's commercial where the tubby guy walks by some construction works on break and they give hime wolf-whistles (because of the Arby's bag he's carrying).

The Brooke Shields 'Routon Boom' commercial seems really stupid to me - do they want to piss people off or sell cars?

One that nearly makes me gag would be the herpes medication commercial (you know the 'I have it and he doesn't and we would like to keep it that way) then of course at the end state that their medication isn't all too effective. I have also been seeing medication and supply commercials for pretty obscure diseases -catheters etc..

The worst commercial of all times could be the Enron commercial with the guy in the metal suit and the 'why, why, why..." - I am not quite sure what product or service could be bought directly from Enron - but people could drive up the price of their stock *red flags*. It is kind of funny now that we have seen what their creative thinking reaped.

Last edited:
Quote:
at first I thought they had been saying Fee Fie Foe something or is it fe fi fo? anyways I could not figure out what they were saying and when I finally paid attention I realized they were saying "saved by zero"
lol.png
I told my mom what I thought they were saying and she laughed at me
sad.png
tongue.png

Quote:
My kids and I joke about all the man/ woman talking statistics. I still talk as much as ever, which is quite a bit.
big_smile.png
Remember, we're only annoying to men. Women are supposed to talk. We have statistical proof. They talk less because they simply aren't as good at it as we are.
wink.png

o.k. i memorized some parts of the one of the new song,

Check it out, gas prices are going up sky high,
Ditched my used subcompact for a two wheel drive,
Now I'm going eco friendly but i still look bad,
Because the bike store saw my credit and said this was all they had.
From the F to the R to the E and the E,

I don't know the rest.
I do know the pirate one,the subcompact one,and the one were he married hes dream girl.
any one else know the rest?

Back
Top Bottom