Bet you haven't heard of this one yet...

Sozoed

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 8, 2011
My teenage son loves airsofting with the plastic pellets. Before we got our pullets, he and friends would spend many hours shooting at targets in our yard. Now that we let our birds freerange, I'm wondering...is there any chance the birds might eat the small red/green plastic pellets? What consequences might there be from this? It would take us literally hours to go through the grass and try to retrieve all of them, but if the pullets are eating them, it would be worth it.
We have felt their crops, and they feel gravely( like small bumpy seeds in there). I also give them olive oil saturated bread about once a month. Would this help pass any pellet they might have picked up?

Last edited:
My son has airsoft and paint ball guns and the birds have eaten both and we have a very clean yard. The dogs love the paint balls and chickens prefer the airsoft in yellow and green only. I try to have my son shoot away from the bird pens because they will eat them every time. They poop them out too but I would hate to get a plugged bird. Never has happened though.

Quote:
Godsgrl, lol.
tongue.png
By the way, love your handle and your posted song by Jonny Diaz. Listen to him all the time.
smile.png

Quote:
Yeah, that was my concern. Having these plastic pellets plug them up. That's good to know that the pellets haven't been a problem up to this point.
smile.png

Mine have eaten air soft pellets too. They pass right through. It probably would be best if you could limit their access to them though. There have been several threads on this topic.

Back
Top Bottom