This is not good.

Bettas and frogs will eat the shrimp.

Frogs may eat the Bettas. They will eat danios.

African frogs will try to swallow anything they even think they can stuff in their mouths. We learned it the hard way.

Check out aqadvisor.com, it's a great site for figuring out what and how much to stock.
I have Red Cherry shrimp, but in a tank with Kuhli loaches, which will not eat live shrimp. I've kept RCS with Corydoras, too.

The frogs will eat smaller fish. So will the shrimp.
Ghost shrimp kill other shrimp, too. I accidentally got a Ghost shrimp in an order of RCS (from a Pet store). I didn't know. The next day I returned the Ghost shrimp with the partially dissected bodies of the RCS. I got a refund, and knowledge.

AAFs spend nearly all their time on the bottom with occasional trips to the surface for a sip of air, then back to the bottom. They're also not terribly active. They look like a brown piece of a leaf so it might as well be a drifting chunk of flotsam.
Ah okay that’s good to know! Thanks!

This is not good.

Bettas and frogs will eat the shrimp.

Frogs may eat the Bettas. They will eat danios.

African frogs will try to swallow anything they even think they can stuff in their mouths. We learned it the hard way.

Check out aqadvisor.com, it's a great site for figuring out what and how much to stock.
Hey! I checked out the website; It's a great website, but it also says that pretty much all the shrimp can't live with bettas; I don't think this is true considering that 1. they are docile creatures without any sort of flaring fins or design that could trigger a beta (like a fancy guppy; their fins would trigger bettas), and the fact that they are bottom dwellers unlike bettas (although they do nap at the bottom, they are middle to top dwellers I'd say). I totally understand the concern about them being eaten by shrimp; I was planning on letting the shrimp fully mature before putting them in tanks. Bettas are known for eating baby shrimp, but they are almost never eaten as adults because of their similar sizes; it's just too big for the betta to eat. Same thing for the frogs; they won't eat them because of their size(their eyesight is pretty bad too). I'm honestly hoping that the two critters eat the baby shrimp, though; not only is it enriching, but it's also good pest control as I don't want the tank overrun by shrimp. I don't think that the adult shrimp will get eaten, so I think I'll keep the shrimp just because pretty much every single website telling me it's fine rather than this one website saying no to all shrimp. I'll let you know how things go to see if you were right or not! I'm honestly curious to see how this goes down as well. (If the shrimp do die, at least it was fun for the bettas and frog!)

As for the frog, the website didn't give me a warning about them, so I think that's a green flag; as well as the fact that they're popular tankmates with bettas. I am a bit worried about the frog harming the betta, but I just want to test things out honestly and see for myself. Because of their similar sizes and the fact that they are similar sizes, I doubt that the frog may eat the betta (just a but worried about fins!) I'm planning on feeding them live food and pellets, so I'm hoping that'll distract them from the bettas. I'll let you know how that goes as well!

As for the zebra danios, I agree. After looking into them some more, I realized that they are too small. Thanks for the heads up! Any clue on what other small fish to add?

The website was extremely helpful, and I thank you for your concern! I just want to test my own theories out because I do believe that every animal acts differently. Male bettas are known to be aggressive, but mine was surprisingly docile. I'm hoping that all the animals in the tank aren't too aggressive. I'll let you know how everything turns out!

I have 1 larger amano shrimp in with my male betta in a 10 gallon tank. Yes he chases it but the amano will grow and he will be scared of it (I tested his temperament out with a ghost shrimp and the shrimp was the same size as him and he was scared of it). So shrimp can work with a betta if you know the temperament of your fish. And if you have a lot of hiding spots for your shrimp it would be best.
I’d personally suggest 1 betta with maybe some shrimp. The frogs wouldn’t do too well as they need shallow water and (from what I know) 10 gallons per frog for the frogs to be happy.
Another thing to add is that yes, 2 female bettas could work in a 10 gallon, but for a good betta sorority tank, you need at least 20 gallons for 2 female bettas so they can set up their own little corners of the tank.

I’d personally start off with setting up your tank, cycling your tank, adding the plants, then adding the betta with a sacrificial shrimp to see how they do with shrimp. I wish you the best of luck with your fishkeeping journey!

Back
Top Bottom