sscaria

Songster
Mar 8, 2021
Hey everyone! I'm saving up for a 10-gallon tank as well as live plants and gravel. I'm planning on putting shrimp and betta fish in there. Is it fine if I put two female bettas together? I know that a ten-gallon tank is enough space, I'm just wondering if two is too little of an amount; just like if you had ducks, it's better if they're in groups but fine if it's a pair. Along with that, I wanted about three ghost shrimp to clean up debris caused by the bettas. Does this sound all right? Is there room for more small fish like guppies or not (probably no, right?)

A 10 gallon tank can accommodate three shrimp, two female Betta plus several more small fish. The general rule of thumb is one inch of fish per gallon of water. Call each Betta 1-1/2 inches each, and you have 7 inches of fish capacity left. Zebra danios are very nice.

A 10 gallon tank can accommodate three shrimp, two female Betta plus several more small fish. The general rule of thumb is one inch of fish per gallon of water. Call each Betta 1-1/2 inches each, and you have 7 inches of fish capacity left. Zebra danios are very nice.
Thank you so much! Here was my plan for the tank:
1 male betta/2 female bettas depending on availability
3 African dwarf frogs (2 female, 1 male)
3 ghost shrimp
Maybe those Zebra danios you were mentioning.

Would the frogs be too much?

If not, how should I feed my ADF's? I know they need something like bloodworms, but should the food be sinking? I'm confident in my skills with bettas since I've had them before, but ADF's are new to me; I just want to make sure they have the best care they can get.

I respectfully disagree; the frogs don't absorb an amount of oxygen from the water that would make a difference to the fish.
Ah okay that makes sense. But they do still take up space though and it just seems like it would be crowded to me but maybe not, idk.

Thank you so much! Here was my plan for the tank:
1 male betta/2 female bettas depending on availability
3 African dwarf frogs (2 female, 1 male)
3 ghost shrimp
Maybe those Zebra danios you were mentioning.

Would the frogs be too much?

If not, how should I feed my ADF's? I know they need something like bloodworms, but should the food be sinking? I'm confident in my skills with bettas since I've had them before, but ADF's are new to me; I just want to make sure they have the best care they can get.
This is not good.

Bettas and frogs will eat the shrimp.

Frogs may eat the Bettas. They will eat danios.

African frogs will try to swallow anything they even think they can stuff in their mouths. We learned it the hard way.

Check out aqadvisor.com, it's a great site for figuring out what and how much to stock.

Ah okay that makes sense. But they do still take up space though and it just seems like it would be crowded to me but maybe not, idk.
AAFs spend nearly all their time on the bottom with occasional trips to the surface for a sip of air, then back to the bottom. They're also not terribly active. They look like a brown piece of a leaf so it might as well be a drifting chunk of flotsam.

Back
Top Bottom