Better late than never!

Caesarthegreat

Songster
Aug 13, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi, I have been a member of this community for about a month now, however i never did introduce myself.
I am from the UK and i have a small back garden flock.
I have been adopting rescue chickens for around 8 years now. I first decided that I wanted to rescue some chickens, when i had an old hut at the back of the garden with no use. I converted the hut into a chicken coop, turning the benches into perches and adding nest boxes. To begin with, i adopted 4 chickens, and they were the most wonderful creatures. I remember the joy i had when i collected my first ever egg and it was the best egg I'd ever eaten.
Eventually, i adopted a few more chickens, as well as buying some fancy breeds- i really wanted some blue eggs.
This summer, i bought a pair of day old turkey poults named Clementine and Gertrude and with the lockdown, this gave me lots of time to bond and imprint on the turkeys. They now follow me round the garden, love to be cuddled and also love to cause mischief- when im not looking they run into the house and peck at the fridge door, because they have figured out that is where the vegetables come from!
So now, we currently have 4 chickens and 2 turkeys.
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this group, it has already been a great help, providing me with new knowledge on raising poultry. I also hope that in return, i can share my knowledge with others and be an active member of this group. Thank you.

Hi, I have been a member of this community for about a month now, however i never did introduce myself.
I am from the UK and i have a small back garden flock.
I have been adopting rescue chickens for around 8 years now. I first decided that I wanted to rescue some chickens, when i had an old hut at the back of the garden with no use. I converted the hut into a chicken coop, turning the benches into perches and adding nest boxes. To begin with, i adopted 4 chickens, and they were the most wonderful creatures. I remember the joy i had when i collected my first ever egg and it was the best egg I'd ever eaten.
Eventually, i adopted a few more chickens, as well as buying some fancy breeds- i really wanted some blue eggs.
This summer, i bought a pair of day old turkey poults named Clementine and Gertrude and with the lockdown, this gave me lots of time to bond and imprint on the turkeys. They now follow me round the garden, love to be cuddled and also love to cause mischief- when im not looking they run into the house and peck at the fridge door, because they have figured out that is where the vegetables come from!
So now, we currently have 4 chickens and 2 turkeys.
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this group, it has already been a great help, providing me with new knowledge on raising poultry. I also hope that in return, i can share my knowledge with others and be an active member of this group. Thank you.
1606528678036.jpg

Back
Top Bottom