better pix...what are they & how old?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cove View Farm, May 8, 2008.

1. Cove View Farm

Cove View Farm Out Of The Brooder

I know what the white roo is but the other two are Ameraucana or EE's.. And the hens are either or.. How do you distinguish between Ameraucana and EE's? I don't know how old but was told they were 10-13 weeks? I think they are older.
    help a helpless newby today... [​IMG]
    TIA!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    Where did you get them? Hatcheries dont sale Ameracauanas they sale a mixed breed version. They are most likely all EEs.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  3. Cove View Farm

They were given to me by an older couple who has a neighbor who gets rare breeds from around the world. That's all I know.

4. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    they are beautiful! Who cares if thier pure or EE. Look at americauna on google and there is a breed club website with the accepted colors and other official breed standards and lots of pics. I have 5 that look like the pics of the silver ones on the website. They have huge Santa Claus lookin beards and muffs that are so fluffy they almost cover their eyes. I love em pure bred or not. They are so cute. I cant wait til they get big like yours.

5. Cove View Farm

Anyone else? Please? no guesses on breed or age?

6. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    If the hens are laying already they couldn't be 13 weeks old, they have to be atleast 20weeks.

They may all be the same age. Sorry I cant give you a better estimate on age.

I love the first pic of the brown roo, he looks like mine but older.

7. Cove View Farm

[​IMG] thank you!
    Non of the hens are laying. I've only had them a week, though so maybe after they get better adjusted here.

8. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I'm sorry, I can't help with sex or breed but WOW!! are they beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by