Better than bringing donuts to the office!

Actually I would rather someone brought lots of ice cream to the office but, eggs are good too! What I have found through life is: give people something free and they expect MORE free stuff.

PS would never share ice cream but, that's just me.

Actually I would rather someone brought lots of ice cream to the office but, eggs are good too! What I have found through life is: give people something free and they expect MORE free stuff.

PS would never share ice cream but, that's just me.

I have offered the first dozen for free in the past, if the person was ambivalent and I needed more customers. I was very clear it was a one-time deal, though. I made it a joke..."I'm like your friendly neighborhood crack dealer. The first hit is free, then I've got you hooked and you're a paying customer for life". Seriously, that's what I'd say. It was funny, but clear they were not on a freebie train.

Now, I've got enough customers I don't have to hook them like that anymore.

Quote:
gig.gif

I had to start smuggling my eggs in over the winter. I'd had so many folks buying last summer/fall, then production took a huge dump when I sold a bunch of pullets. I didn't have enough to sell for a few months, I'm back up now but I'm still using the stealth method. this way I can get eggs to my favorite customers and not offend the masses
tongue.png
It's hard when the production drops...and people think you're like the grocery store.
I felt like the Egg Nazi this winter, everyone was on a ration of next dozen goes to next person on the rotating list.

"Where do you get those egg cartons?"

Most of the egg carton websites offer the clear ones, and most of those will split in half.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom