Better training tips??

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Our 8 year old male dog has always understood to never attack the chickens. We barely trained him but he picked up fast that the chickens are never to be touched.
For the ducks however, he seems to think they're supposed to be killed. He's never actually pinned them down but is always chasing them whenever they get out or are free ranging. He understands 'No!' and 'Leave it!' but I want to make him understand that the ducks need to be left alone completely. Ever since we ended up with the ducks last year, I've been working on him training every day unless I'm sick and can't. I have also been working with our 2 female dogs and they're a little easier to control around the ducks.

Does anyone have some tips they can share to help me??

110146841_568137727398342_1365754878470565895_n.jpg

Our 8 year old male dog has always understood to never attack the chickens. We barely trained him but he picked up fast that the chickens are never to be touched.
For the ducks however, he seems to think they're supposed to be killed. He's never actually pinned them down but is always chasing them whenever they get out or are free ranging. He understands 'No!' and 'Leave it!' but I want to make him understand that the ducks need to be left alone completely. Ever since we ended up with the ducks last year, I've been working on him training every day unless I'm sick and can't. I have also been working with our 2 female dogs and they're a little easier to control around the ducks.

Does anyone have some tips they can share to help me??

View attachment 2436595
This is gonna sound cruel, but try a shock collar. I only had to shock my dog twice on level 2 before he learned that the beeping noise meant bad. I tried the shock collar on my fingers (sounds stupid) It doesn't hurt as bad as you think. I did try 7. It hurts really bad, I wouldn't recommend it unless it's necessary. Very cute doggie by the way!

This is gonna sound cruel, but try a shock collar. I only had to shock my dog twice on level 2 before he learned that the beeping noise meant bad. I tried the shock collar on my fingers (sounds stupid) It doesn't hurt as bad as you think. I did try 7. It hurts really bad, I wouldn't recommend it unless it's necessary. Very cute doggie by the way!
He already has a shock collar. It's used for his barking but he's always worn one.

Back
Top Bottom