Beware about Hilltop farms

Aw a Russian Orloff. That breed is the exact reason I chose hilltop and both of the Orloffs I purchased were some of the chicks that died in the beginning :(
I chose hilltop because they only have that type of breed and will shipping them. I always wanted Russian Orloff for 4 years. Some of places do sell them but require 30 chicks to shipping and straight run. Or had to drive to get them. My local don’t have it. Only closest i found recently is 2 hours and 30 min from my home. I’m going get them on aug 12 in RI

I’m sorry for your loss :(

More video of her. (I switched her water and food after this video.) she got a soft food because she like it more and willing eat more with it 😝

Well I think my flock now has mycoplasma from hilltop farms birds. It’s been almost 3 months since they’ve had contact with the chicks, and two of my hens have gotten runny bubbly eyes within the last two weeks. I guess it’s not unheard of for symptoms to show later like this. No other chicks added except some chicks hatched under a broody about 5 weeks ago. My Ameraucana from hilltop had a runny nose and sneezing for a bit when she was about 4 weeks old but it went away within 2 weeks on its own. Now with these bubbly eyes I’m thinking she had a respiratory illness. I’m trying to see if I can get some testing done and will see if mycoplasma is the culprit, that’s the only thing I can think of with 2 previously very healthy hens getting bubbly eyes :(
Did you got a result? I’m still observing my chick, she’s seem acts fine so far expect a picky eater.

Did you got a result? I’m still observing my chick, she’s seem acts fine so far expect a picky eater.
I didn’t get the test yet since I’m waiting to save up some more money for it, but I might not even need to do it because I’m pretty positive it’s mycoplasma. The 2 hens got better with denagard and a 3rd one is now showing a watery bubbly eye.

I didn’t get the test yet since I’m waiting to save up some more money for it, but I might not even need to do it because I’m pretty positive it’s mycoplasma. The 2 hens got better with denagard and a 3rd one is now showing a watery bubbly eye.
😭 it’s upsets me that company gave a chicks disease to people’s healthy chickens. Hurts clients’ money and a bond with chickens. Save your money, no need to test. :< Thank you for an information! I’ve become bond with my russian orloff with full of love already.

Back
Top Bottom