Beyond The Purple Door...Chat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I’m good. I have an exam today and one on Thursday. The chickens really like the new henhouse since it has more than enough roosting space.
That's fantastic. I bet you are happy with the Coop too.
Soon you will be on spring break I assume?

Of course you can join!
Thanks... Dont have chickens right now but I have plenty to talk about. LOL

Soon as I move home I have plans to setup a Duck playground and get some Muscovies and Runners. Then the run which is slated to be 100 by 24 will have high and low perches and feeding stations to keep them entertained. and out of reach of the goats. :gig

I already have playground equipment for goats. I used to have four. And plan to get more. Strictly weed eaters. Not into milking or meat. I loved my Nigerian dwarf Wethers. And the walks I would take with them out in the desert. So much fun watching them hop from rock to rock playing king of the mountain.

Lets see I have a horse who is at a retirement facility till I get on my feet again. but Hope to move her home this year. I am unable to ride any more but She is trained (by me) for Carriage driving. And If I can get someone to volunteer to help I can hitch her up and take a drive on the miles and miles of Beautiful dirt roads... Mostly Decomposed granite and blow sand.

Oh and did I mention I lived in the high desert? Mild climate only dry . We get about twelve inches of precipitation a year which includes snow... about seventy two hours worth LOL. We do have about a weeks worth of 105 degree days. Everyone lays low on those days.

Horse is Jet black and stays in her shade structure... Goats complan and lay in the shade of the tree. And the chickens spend a lot of time napping or walking about in their Wet sand I provide in a childrens wading pool. I also Sprinkle down their coop area... the new poultry house will have misters even the goat partition but I suspect they will complain about it raining in their house....

That covers my critters except doggies. I have a Greater Mountain Swiss cross bred. She spends her time outside at night. So she will be a great addition to the "farm". She was raised with chickens and goats. But life dealt her hundreds of blows. In the form of almost being killed by a German Shepherd. She was surrendered to animal control for uthenasia. they coudnt afford a vet bill. OUr shelters are no kill shelters and they sent her to a vet that volunteers their expertise. She came to us with a portfolio about an inch thick of the surgeries they did and notes how they were stunned that she survived and survived the surgeries. But they fixed her up and she has total functionality.

I plan to have at least three more dogs. at least one Rat terrier or some sort of Terrier for Vermine control. A grey hound if they will let me have one again. and probably a Rottweiler.

Both Rotties and Swiss are known to be dual purpose dogs. Livestock Guarding, Carting, and Keeping an eye on their humans...

deb

Thanks... Dont have chickens right now but I have plenty to talk about. LOL

Soon as I move home I have plans to setup a Duck playground and get some Muscovies and Runners. Then the run which is slated to be 100 by 24 will have high and low perches and feeding stations to keep them entertained. and out of reach of the goats. :gig

I already have playground equipment for goats. I used to have four. And plan to get more. Strictly weed eaters. Not into milking or meat. I loved my Nigerian dwarf Wethers. And the walks I would take with them out in the desert. So much fun watching them hop from rock to rock playing king of the mountain.

Lets see I have a horse who is at a retirement facility till I get on my feet again. but Hope to move her home this year. I am unable to ride any more but She is trained (by me) for Carriage driving. And If I can get someone to volunteer to help I can hitch her up and take a drive on the miles and miles of Beautiful dirt roads... Mostly Decomposed granite and blow sand.

Oh and did I mention I lived in the high desert? Mild climate only dry . We get about twelve inches of precipitation a year which includes snow... about seventy two hours worth LOL. We do have about a weeks worth of 105 degree days. Everyone lays low on those days.

Horse is Jet black and stays in her shade structure... Goats complan and lay in the shade of the tree. And the chickens spend a lot of time napping or walking about in their Wet sand I provide in a childrens wading pool. I also Sprinkle down their coop area... the new poultry house will have misters even the goat partition but I suspect they will complain about it raining in their house....

That covers my critters except doggies. I have a Greater Mountain Swiss cross bred. She spends her time outside at night. So she will be a great addition to the "farm". She was raised with chickens and goats. But life dealt her hundreds of blows. In the form of almost being killed by a German Shepherd. She was surrendered to animal control for uthenasia. they coudnt afford a vet bill. OUr shelters are no kill shelters and they sent her to a vet that volunteers their expertise. She came to us with a portfolio about an inch thick of the surgeries they did and notes how they were stunned that she survived and survived the surgeries. But they fixed her up and she has total functionality.

I plan to have at least three more dogs. at least one Rat terrier or some sort of Terrier for Vermine control. A grey hound if they will let me have one again. and probably a Rottweiler.

Both Rotties and Swiss are known to be dual purpose dogs. Livestock Guarding, Carting, and Keeping an eye on their humans...

deb
:frow Well thanks for coming here. I also have horses, goats, chickens, Ducks, dogs and a Cat. I'm currently not riding much and definitely should be. My age has me more concerned about injuries to myself. My Arabian is trained by me and a fantastic partner. It's my own demons I need to work through.
You definitely don't get winters like I do! 😳🤣

Spring is here in San Diego. February has a few cold days but its when the mountains get green. lasts about a month then Dry Dry Dry...

Same goes for the High desert. Not alot of grasses but O'my goodness the wild flowers... They should be sprouting and blooming soon. Flower season in the desert lasts a solid month with a few stragglers that last through out the summer. Thistles mostly.

deb

Spring is here in San Diego. February has a few cold days but its when the mountains get green. lasts about a month then Dry Dry Dry...

Same goes for the High desert. Not alot of grasses but O'my goodness the wild flowers... They should be sprouting and blooming soon. Flower season in the desert lasts a solid month with a few stragglers that last through out the summer. Thistles mostly.

deb
I have lots of wild roses in my pasture. Plus thistles too. Gets pretty prickly in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom