Bidding problems... help needed!

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by flitter, Oct 3, 2011.

1. flitter

flitter Chillin' With My Peeps

I hope this is posted in the correct place and also where I might get help!

I've been trying to bid in the auction section. Last spring I missed NYred eggs because every bid I placed came back with the message "cannot bid under the starting bid listed" or "cannot bid under the current bid". I was over that amount. I worked with a moderator trying different fixes and she finally turned the problem over to the "techies". I never heard anything else.

I tried again this fall on two occasions for young started birds and had the same results. This time the moderator said that "We've heard of this problem before and haven't been able to reproduce it or find a fix. " They suggested I post to the forum and see if others had found a fix or a way around.

Has anyone?

2. flitter

I thought I'd bump it up one more time. I'm kinda desperate for a fix. I missed the cockerel I wanted to bid on but there will be another time that I want to bid! I probably should just quit looking at the auctions or open an account in a new name.

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We've heard of this problem every once in a while but haven't been able to reproduce it or pinpoint what causes it. Hopefully someone that had the problem will be able to post a workaround.

Have you tried higher / different amounts? Maybe even try from a different computer and different browser?

4. flitter

I've tried different amounts, different spacing between symbols and numerals, different computers. I haven't tried a different browser. I use Mozilla Firefox.

5. ontimeborzoi

ontimeborzoi Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Northern Neck of Va
    I had the exact same problem this morning, bidding on two cochins. Leaving off the $ sign finally worked except by then i had bid myself up! LOL

6. flitter

Quote:I'll try that next time I find something fantastic! Thank you.

7. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Never include $ or €, £, ¥ symbols when bidding your bids should read 00.00 with nothing else added when you click submit. Make sure there is NO space before the first digit. So if you want to bid $5 it would look like 5.00

Hope this helps

8. flitter

Quote:Just having people make a suggestion helps a lot!
    I've tried it with and without the $ sign, with and without spaces, with and without the decimal point, with and without the 00(cents).
    Next time I try to bid I'll be very aware of that $ sign.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by