Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
My test hatch of eggs from my Bielefelders turned out perfect with 1 boy and 1 girl. The little d00d thinks he's hot $#!% all laid out with paper on his face and his junk on the water dish, LOL 20220302_125017~2.jpg
20220302_112914~2.jpg

Sister is not impressed, ha 🤣

Yes! I noticed that dad was mating only with one of the Bielefelder hens so I have removed some of the other green and white egg layers to a different pen to improve coverage. I will also be hatching eggs at the same time from a 3rd line that has German import roots. Excited to see how this progresses -- dad has a number of admirers, so this has pushed me to pursue NPIP certification!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9nXvZ8mvpuc6H6gu6

Yes! I noticed that dad was mating only with one of the Bielefelder hens so I have removed some of the other green and white egg layers to a different pen to improve coverage. I will also be hatching eggs at the same time from a 3rd line that has German import roots. Excited to see how this progresses -- dad has a number of admirers, so this has pushed me to pursue NPIP certification!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9nXvZ8mvpuc6H6gu6
Nice rooster! I'm growing out 3 of the Bielefelder cockerel's that I recently hatched out the past couple of month's to see how the feather's will look like later. I also have 11 pullet's of those. They were from 3 fifferent batches of shipped hatching egg's and from 3 different states before this bird flu hit. I know I'm safe from it.

My wife told me of a recent post in one of the Facebook bielefelder groups from someone near Pittsburgh. I don't have FB, but I can ask my wife to find it for you if you'd like.
That would be wonderful! I don't have Facebook either. I was wanting to get them from a breeder rather than a hatchery. I've bought many hatchery chicks over the years and just last year purchased chicks from a breeder and the quality of the birds is quite obvious. Being I want to breed them, I want to start with high quality birds. I love my hatchery birds but they aren't quite as nice confirmation wise as my breeder birds.

I love my hatchery birds but they aren't quite as nice confirmation wise as my breeder birds.
🤦‍♀️ DUH. I totally missed the "breeder" spec in your post. Sorry about that. I hope you find some high quality birds!

I was thinking about Bielefelders for a bit. The autosexing aspect is really attractive. I don't really have room for more birds right now, and it'll be a hard sell to get DH on board with enlarging the coop again.

That would be wonderful! I don't have Facebook either. I was wanting to get them from a breeder rather than a hatchery. I've bought many hatchery chicks over the years and just last year purchased chicks from a breeder and the quality of the birds is quite obvious. Being I want to breed them, I want to start with high quality birds. I love my hatchery birds but they aren't quite as nice confirmation wise as my breeder birds.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/568022023401911/permalink/1729973763873392/

Let me know if that doesn't work, I can try doing it differently

Back
Top Bottom