Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
does anyone else have a lot of bielefelders go broody? I looked it up and it said that bielefelders almost never go broody, but 2 of mine went broody! 1 in the autumn and one right now (spring). But I don't mind at all, they are so sweetly mean when they are broody!

does anyone else have a lot of bielefelders go broody? I looked it up and it said that bielefelders almost never go broody, but 2 of mine went broody! 1 in the autumn and one right now (spring). But I don't mind at all, they are so sweetly mean when they are broody!
It seems that with some breed's that they say are a broody breed aren't, so I guess that it just depends on the hen, and nobody can control her mind. You just have to break them or keep taking the egg's away if you don't want them to hatch any.

With my 11 Bielefelder pullets, they aren't old enough to start laying eggs yet, but 5 of the older ones should start laying pretty soon I think. So I can't tell you if mine will go broody or not yet.

We have a broody Biel right now! She's all bark & no bite, though. She puffs up & makes very threatening noises if we even approach, but doesn't peck even if we reach under her. I'm hoping she'll set successfully, but she can't decide between two nesting boxes yet & randomly switches. I didn't really want to have to separate her out, but we'll see.

These chonkers rule the roost at our coop
0C2CBDD4-6EBC-4D1B-A4ED-4F9B0DF4FD40.jpeg

I was out in the coop today checking on my Bielefelder's because we have some rough heat over here. I have yet to hear either of the 2 cockerel's crow yet, but the oldest one was out there trying to breed one of the pullet's that should start laying egg's soon. I wonder if he has tried to breed the pullet's that are a couple month's older then him yet? :idunnoMaybe I will have fertile egg's over here soon.

Back
Top Bottom