Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
I'm jumping in ANNNND I got some. Yup! They are taking their place in my heart right next to all things Brahma.

My babies came in last week and are now 10 days old. There are some Neiderrheiners mixed in, stay tuned as I work to get Bielefelder only pics. :ya Brooding right now I have four Bieles, four Neiderrs and an "extra" from M. McMurray. The "extra" was very yellow like my Neiderrs, but suspect it is a plain old EE or something. Anywho, back to the starts of the day . . . Bielefelders. I ordered three pullets and one roo.

Attachments

• image000003.jpg
    image000003.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 3
  • image000002.jpg
    image000002.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2
  • image000001(1).jpg
    image000001(1).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image000000(5).jpg
    image000000(5).jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image000000(4).jpg
    image000000(4).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1
  • image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1
I'm jumping in ANNNND I got some. Yup! They are taking their place in my heart right next to all things Brahma.

My babies came in last week and are now 10 days old. There are some Neiderrheiners mixed in, stay tuned as I work to get Bielefelder only pics. :ya Brooding right now I have four Bieles, four Neiderrs and an "extra" from M. McMurray. The "extra" was very yellow like my Neiderrs, but suspect it is a plain old EE or something. Anywho, back to the starts of the day . . . Bielefelders. I ordered three pullets and one roo.

Attachments

• image000000(9).jpg
    image000000(9).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image000000(8).jpg
    image000000(8).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1
@Hip Hillbilly Farm I told you that you would like the Bielefelder's. I finally named my rooster a couple of week's ago, or rather he named himself. I was sitting in the house and heard a different noise coming from the direction of my coop. I went out to see what all of the racket was about. There was a hawk sitting on a metal trash can that I had sitting on a pallet out by my run. The hawk flew off when it seen me. All of the hen's had run into the coop and had hidden in a corner where the hawk couldn't see them. The rooster had stayed out in the attached covered run, and he had been the one who had raised the alarm. The hawk couldn't have gotten in there. Anyway's, the rooster had his eye out for the hawk, so he earned his name of Hawkeye.

@Hip Hillbilly Farm I told you that you would like the Bielefelder's. I finally named my rooster a couple of week's ago, or rather he named himself. I was sitting in the house and heard a different noise coming from the direction of my coop. I went out to see what all of the racket was about. There was a hawk sitting on a metal trash can that I had sitting on a pallet out by my run. The hawk flew off when it seen me. All of the hen's had run into the coop and had hidden in a corner where the hawk couldn't see them. The rooster had stayed out in the attached covered run, and he had been the one who had raised the alarm. The hawk couldn't have gotten in there. Anyway's, the rooster had his eye out for the hawk, so he earned his name of Hawkeye.
That is a great story!

@BlueBaby
I see you’re in the SW. I was curious how the bielefelder does in the heat? Mine seems hot whenever the ambient air was in the mid 80s.
I hatched what I have from shipped hatching egg's. I hatched them so that they were already outside to get adapted before it started getting hot. In the summer I had plenty of water out there for them to drink, and some to also stand in if they wanted to. I also ran some mister's during the hottest part of the day. I ran them out of the nest boxes and broke them when they went broody.

It seem's that the breed's that have the bigger comb's do better here in this heat then the smaller combed breed's do. Also the most fluffier breed's don't do as well neither.

Last edited:
Someone suggested I take weekly pictures . . . not sure if you can tell from these but in person the down is looking all raggedy (I guess because it is being replaced). They are surely larger than last week. The biggest one I kept taking pics in his/her face :D .

Oh, these are Bieles AND Neiderrs. I T H I N K the light yellow ones are not the Bieles. Still getting used to who is whom.

Attachments

• image000006(2).jpg
    image000006(2).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image000005(2).jpg
    image000005(2).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image000004(2).jpg
    image000004(2).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1
  • image000003(3).jpg
    image000003(3).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image000002(4).jpg
    image000002(4).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image000000(12).jpg
    image000000(12).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2
  • image000001(4).jpg
    image000001(4).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 2
Someone suggested I take weekly pictures . . . not sure if you can tell from these but in person the down is looking all raggedy (I guess because it is being replaced). They are surely larger than last week. The biggest one I kept taking pics in his/her face :D .

Oh, these are Bieles AND Neiderrs. I T H I N K the light yellow ones are not the Bieles. Still getting used to who is whom.
At this point the Biele's look to be smaller then the Neiderr's, but they should catch up if they can get to food and water ok. Maybe those bigger yellow one's are males?

Back
Top Bottom