Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
There's a "farm fresh eggs" sign I drive by... They've raised their price from $3 to $5/dozen. They also have a sign that says, "Fresh out."

101 days until my chicks (probably) get here! The initial giddiness is gone, so I can look clear eyed at the calendar now. :gig
Yes, there are different prices all over different area's. I would have sold my friend a dozen for $4, but they were the one that said that they would give me $8 because they like my egg's.

The guy from Omega Hill's Farm where I got these egg's from called me on the phone today to make sure that I got them ok. It seems that the post office here didn't tell him that they were already in my hand's. I think that is pretty good on a hatchery that will check up and confirm thing's with you, and they packed those egg's very well. I give them a 5 thumb's up!

Hello everyone! BlueBaby invited me to this thread since I now have 3 of her Bielefelders! Today I picked up a cockerel and 2 pullets to add to my current flock of 4 pullets (not Bielefelders). My good egg layer is a Novogen Brown and I wasn't able to get any more from my source. I started looking at the Bielefelders and decided they'd make a good choice.
We've only had/owned chickens since July 30, but we're so enjoying having them (and their eggs!). We live in the hot dessert of AZ, just like BlueBaby.

Hello everyone! BlueBaby invited me to this thread since I now have 3 of her Bielefelders! Today I picked up a cockerel and 2 pullets to add to my current flock of 4 pullets (not Bielefelders). My good egg layer is a Novogen Brown and I wasn't able to get any more from my source. I started looking at the Bielefelders and decided they'd make a good choice.
We've only had/owned chickens since July 30, but we're so enjoying having them (and their eggs!). We live in the hot dessert of AZ, just like BlueBaby.
See, now you have a new thread that you can show off your new babies in.

See, now you have a new thread that you can show off your new babies in.
Indeed! Here are a couple pics of my beautiful new Bielefelders -- in the carrier once they arrived home, and in their space within the run with my other 4 pullets.
20230209_in carrier lr.jpg
20230209_1st meet lr.jpg

The new Bielefelders are still getting acquainted with the other 4 pullets. Two of those pullets are being bossy & chasing them about now & then. Haven't seen anything vicious thankfully.
They did roost together last night.
Here's a good shot of Lucky (he hasn't yet figured out how lucky he'll be with 6 gals to look after!). And then a shot with the new girls.

Attachments

• 20230212_103056.jpg
    20230212_103056.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230212_102732.jpg
    20230212_102732.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 5
The new Bielefelders are still getting acquainted with the other 4 pullets. Two of those pullets are being bossy & chasing them about now & then. Haven't seen anything vicious thankfully.
They did roost together last night.
Here's a good shot of Lucky (he hasn't yet figured out how lucky he'll be with 6 gals to look after!). And then a shot with the new girls.
Your 2 bossy one's must be trying to figure out how they managed to get such a handsome boy drop in on them. ;)

Back
Top Bottom