Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
@Sally PB How are your new Biel babies doing today?
The Biels (and Button, the Australorp) are doing great, and are a little more active today. They still take long time outs under the heater plate. They have figured out how to jump up on the plate, and jump down. One was up there yesterday, cheeping away, so I helped it down. They know what to do now. :)

Imagine if you could jump as high as your chin... it just blows my mind! :lau

The Biels (and Button, the Australorp) are doing great, and are a little more active today. They still take long time outs under the heater plate. They have figured out how to jump up on the plate, and jump down. One was up there yesterday, cheeping away, so I helped it down. They know what to do now. :)

Imagine if you could jump as high as your chin... it just blows my mind! :lau
They will have you trained in no time. :gig

What's up with this? My tracking update says the chicks went from Iowa to Minnesota. I'm in Washington state! They arrived in Minn at 5 pm yesterday and were still in the acceptance process at 10 pm. There is no entry since 10 pm last night. This doesn't sound good!

Edit: just spoke with McMurray and they say all is normal. Should expect delivery Fri or Sat.

Last edited:
What's up with this? My tracking update says the chicks went from Iowa to Minnesota. I'm in Washington state! They arrived in Minn at 5 pm yesterday and were still in the acceptance process at 10 pm. There is no entry since 10 pm last night. This doesn't sound good!

Edit: just spoke with McMurray and they say all is normal. Should expect delivery Fri or Sat.
Maybe the airport hub for the post office is in Minnesota?

Maybe the airport hub for the post office is in Minnesota?
Yes, that's what they said. And assured me the chicks have enough energy from the yolk, along with something they put in the box, to sustain them for the three or four days to delivery. However, if I'd known they ship through MN I might have tried to find a west coast hatchery instead. Seems like a lot of stress to put the chicks through. Hoping for the best.

Yes, that's what they said. And assured me the chicks have enough energy from the yolk, along with something they put in the box, to sustain them for the three or four days to delivery. However, if I'd known they ship through MN I might have tried to find a west coast hatchery instead. Seems like a lot of stress to put the chicks through. Hoping for the best.
Just make sure that you are there to get them as soon as they arrive, and check them out. Have your brooder set up with everything that you will need for them. Let us know what happen's.

Back
Top Bottom