Bielfelder, or Wyandotte?

Jun 9, 2021
Colorado
Should I get a Wyandotte or bielefelder?
I’ve heard that bielefelders are prone to sickness and eat a lot. Also how do you like sapphire gems? I would consider it, but we don’t have any heritage beeds and I want to get a heritage breed. Thanks

My two Wyandottes are both very curious and independent. I don't "love" then, but I don't hate them either. They're not as friendly as some of my others, but they're not mean either. My Faverolles I thought I was going to love, but I am honestly am starting to hate them. My Faverolle rooster chases the hens and started attacking my kids and husband so to the pot he goes. My Faverolle hen is not shy and has no problems standing up for herself, but she has been constantly broody and she is absolutely terrible at it. I break her and she's broody again. She sits the nest no problem besides the fact that she will randomly switch to another nest seemingly weekly and has yet to successfully hatch anything. When she gets up to eat and drink she also will randomly jump into the other nests and throw the eggs onto the floor. She doesn't eat them or anything just kicks them to the floor seemingly to enjoy watching them break. I'm debating about butchering her as well she has broken dozens of perfectly good eggs🙄 As for the Biefelder I have never had any so I can't speak for them.

I can agree with that. My Bielefelder were always first when it came to eating. They did eat quite a bit. You would need to feed them a reduced amount daily to make sure that they don't get fat. And yes, mine did get sick more than my Sulmtaler chickens but it's not like they were sick all the time. But they were sweet and fresh and had really nice personality. They did lay a nice large egg and lots of them.
I can't help you with Wyandottes.
Ok do you have any experience with salmon favorelles

I can agree with that. My Bielefelder were always first when it came to eating. They did eat quite a bit. You would need to feed them a reduced amount daily to make sure that they don't get fat. And yes, mine did get sick more than my Sulmtaler chickens but it's not like they were sick all the time. But they were sweet and fresh and had really nice personality. They did lay a nice large egg and lots of them.
I can't help you with Wyandottes.

Back
Top Bottom