Big Announcement: BYC & Mark Zuckerberg / Facebook Partnership - BeakBook - April fool's 2013

Nt sure how I feel about this. I've been strongly considering deleting my Facebook account due to security issues, and the continuous changes to security settings without my consent or knowledge. I think it's just gotten too big, not sure i would be a member.

Having been around BYC for a while, I've seen four April First Announcements from Nifty-Chicken now. I had been anticipating the day for a couple of weeks, wondering what it might be this time. So, when I saw the banner on the 1st, I was tickled to visit the thread to see what was this year's Joke. good one!!! Two years ago, I was up late and managed to catch Nifty within a minute of his posting the New Project. (He'd been composing it and posted the complete announcement a minute after midnight... Feeling righteous and clever, I called him on in a PM. He replied, soliciting my participation so I wouldn't kill the joke.) Boy, was there a lot of behind the scenes work on his and the moderators' parts to keep it going long enough for plenty of members to respond. They're classic, these AFD "Projects.". And they are archived, too, so you can see previous AFD "Projects." It also helps to READ the entire thread before going off all excited - or dismayed - then you can decide if you wanna help keep it going with your own participatory responses. I am always shaking my head at the number of later posts from the fooled, practically adjacent to the "reveal." Don't folks READ threads in which they post?!?!? Great job, Rob!

Having been around BYC for a while, I've seen four April First Announcements from Nifty-Chicken now. I had been anticipating the day for a couple of weeks, wondering what it might be this time. So, when I saw the banner on the 1st, I was tickled to visit the thread to see what was this year's Joke. good one!!!

Two years ago, I was up late and managed to catch Nifty within a minute of his posting the New Project. (He'd been composing it and posted the complete announcement a minute after midnight... Feeling righteous and clever, I called him on in a PM. He replied, soliciting my participation so I wouldn't kill the joke.) Boy, was there a lot of behind the scenes work on his and the moderators' parts to keep it going long enough for plenty of members to respond.

They're classic, these AFD "Projects.". And they are archived, too, so you can see previous AFD "Projects."

It also helps to READ the entire thread before going off all excited - or dismayed - then you can decide if you wanna help keep it going with your own participatory responses.

I am always shaking my head at the number of later posts from the fooled, practically adjacent to the "reveal." Don't folks READ threads in which they post?!?!?

Great job, Rob!
I wonder that too. I almost always read the complete thread before I post-or at least the last several pages to be sure I am understanding what is being discussed.

Since today is the 2nd, I didn't even think of it being a joke. Thank goodness it is! I thought Rob had sold us out.
hide.gif

Very clever you guys! Torn between
lau.gif
and
th.gif
Going to go pet my chickens now.

Having been around BYC for a while, I've seen four April First Announcements from Nifty-Chicken now. I had been anticipating the day for a couple of weeks, wondering what it might be this time. So, when I saw the banner on the 1st, I was tickled to visit the thread to see what was this year's Joke. good one!!!

Two years ago, I was up late and managed to catch Nifty within a minute of his posting the New Project. (He'd been composing it and posted the complete announcement a minute after midnight... Feeling righteous and clever, I called him on in a PM. He replied, soliciting my participation so I wouldn't kill the joke.) Boy, was there a lot of behind the scenes work on his and the moderators' parts to keep it going long enough for plenty of members to respond.

They're classic, these AFD "Projects.". And they are archived, too, so you can see previous AFD "Projects."

It also helps to READ the entire thread before going off all excited - or dismayed - then you can decide if you wanna help keep it going with your own participatory responses.

I am always shaking my head at the number of later posts from the fooled, practically adjacent to the "reveal." Don't folks READ threads in which they post?!?!?

Great job, Rob!
You would think that I would have thought April Fool right off also since I have saw the others throughout the years. He got me again. Good one Niftychicken.

Do you remember the boy who called wolf?
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom