"big" bantam eggs?

Buns

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 3, 2010
Quitman, Texas
I ordered some OE bantam eggs and was a little surprised at the size of them when I received them. They are larger than the eggs my OE bantams lay. Is that pretty much a guarantee that the chicks I raise from these are going to be "large" sized bantams?
When bidding one eggs, or considering bidding, what is the best way to ensure that you are getting the size bird you want? "Small" is pretty subjective...

Ask for pictures?????? Speaking of pictures you got any
smile.png
of these big bantam eggs???
pop.gif

pop.gif

pop.gif

Cause I have Crele old english game eggs and they were pretty small they fit in the palm of my hand..

Last edited:
my bbr OEGbantam hen lays eggs about the size of a quarter and the chicks are about the size of a qual if the eggs are big thay are not show stock birds and will be to big OEG bantans are sopost to whey 20 oz or less

Quote:
So far as asking for pictures of the birds, if there isn't anything in the picture to give adequate size comparison to, it doesn't do much good. I can take a picture of one of them next to one of my bantam's eggs later and upload to show you. It's not like a xlarge egg from the market, it's just not as small as my bantam's eggs are.

Back
Top Bottom