BIG BULLY

Mov1estar

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 16, 2014
Bellaire Tx
I started with two hens I thought were Rhode Island Reds. After looking at breeds I think I have a Production and a Golden Sex.
The Golden is a Big Bully. She eats ALL the food and runs the Production bird off when she tries to get near the feeder. The Golden lays an egg everyday and I get nothing out of the Production. What do I do????

images

Welcome to BYC!

X2...you need to add more feeding and water stations so the lower ranking bird or birds can eat and drink. The most dominant hen is going to guard the feeders and waterers. If this bully is still a problem, use pinless peepers on her to pipe her down. Drastic, but it works. I have a hen that used to need to wear these when she was younger. She was a big bully. The pinless peepers allow them to see up, down and to the sides, but not directly in front of them. This will stop her from being a bully.

Good luck with your flock and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! You've gotten some good suggestions above. Are you free feeding the hens?

Thanks everyone. I'm new and don't know how chickens act together or alone. Not sure if I'm doing things right. I just want them to lay eggs.

Back
Top Bottom