big enough to tell now? rooster or Pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by karlamaria, May 26, 2011.

1. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    Both of these are usually at each other, they tend to dance around each other some, also the astorlorp has waddles, and the others do not. Are these two roosters?? They are the sweetest and most gentle of my birds. they love to eat from your hand and sit on my lap or the kids. please, can you tell me yet what they are??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    anyone have any idea??

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

How old are they? That makes a difference in sex determination. We may need to see pics of the back area so we can see if there are stringy saddle feathers coming in.

4. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    Quote:there around 10/12 weeks, and here are the back pictures of them, mixed with the other girls. I only have one rhode island red.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. chickenlickin8

chickenlickin8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    10-12 weeks old.....looks like the RIR is a cockerel and the Australorp is a pullet

6. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    Quote:the australorp has waddles, but the other girls her age do not, and there combs are small and this one has a orange comb, and the other girls have small yellow combs.

7. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    Im so sad, what could I do with the rooster? I looked on graigslit, but no one there wants them .

8. amydzek

amydzek Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    you chickies look just like mine!! and I have a golden comet and a jersey giant!
    My black jersey giant has an almost blue tint to her feathers just like yours and her legs have just changed to blackish!!
    also my bright orange chickie - golden comet, not a red she has shiny pretty neck feathers and is just so much prettier than the reds

9. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    Quote:lol yeah i thought yours looked like mine to [​IMG] I love these birds, there totally tame, will cry if I have to rehome, and where to rehome is the question of the day !

10. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    They look girly to me. At 10-12 weeks, those breeds should have fancier feathering...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by