Big goat problem at the auction today

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by griffin45, Mar 7, 2009.

1. griffin45

griffin45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    South Central Virgina
    We had a problem with our hands actually. It turns out to be a great story with 3 Bottle baby Nubian bucklings, 2 Nigerian bottle baby Doelings, 3 Just barely weaned Pygmys 2 bucklings and a doeling, a sheep that I don't even know what it is, a couple of Boer does, a Saanen doe, and the best of all a Nubian Doe with Milk! Now comes the grafting process. Only problem is I think we have a forth emergency bottle baby coming on Monday...

I know, I know... Pictures.

We brought home 13 animals today. Had to dicker with a meat buyer at the end to get the Nigerian babies. He ended up getting the momma for free... but we saved the babies!

I am much to tired to work with the pictures now, but some we will be selling and some we will be keeping, so I will get pictures on here in one form or another tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Chris

2. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    GOOD FOR YOU!! Congrats on all those babies....I just wish I lived closer so I could come hold a bottle or two for you.
    [​IMG]

3. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Everybody lives so far away from me with all these goat babies [​IMG] It's going to kill me waiting until June and July for my does to kid, if they're even pregnant [​IMG]
    This is why I don't go to auctions, I would come home with a truck load of animals. My husband would kill me. Do they take VISA?[​IMG]

4. dfchaser

dfchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    NC
    Well great job! Always nice to help those that need it most. (That is how we ended up with basically all the animals.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by