Big gray thing killing chicken 1 at a time

coyote for free rangers maybe, and a possum or raccoon for the caged hens. I'm sorry to hear of your losses
hugs.gif

The thing I saw (whether or not it's what's getting the chickens) was somewhere between the size of my dog and my 5yo ds, and it was a dark bluish gray.
My daughter said she saw something in a tree the night before last. She drew me a picture of it, looks like a cross between a cat and a duck billed platypus LOL. She also drew a picture of a trap involving a gun and a dead chicken hanging from a tree. I loved it. Anyhow, she said it was bigger than our tom cat, a darker shade of gray, but had a long sleek tail like our cat. I showed her some pictures of panthers because we used to have some out here a long time ago. She didn't think it looked like a panther. We found a picture of a scottish wild cat. It looked like a cross between a cat and a racoon. She said it looked like that but with a tail like a cat.

Most likely a raccoon they do pull chickens through the wire and when moving fast can be a blur. They have young this time of year and are more agressive in securing a meal.

My vote is for a coon. go get your gun. you will have to kill it and quick. it will not stop until the food, (your chicks) runs out. maybe put your chicks into a more secure location until its gone.

Back
Top Bottom