Big Mike's Fresh Peach Chutney

bigmike&nan

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Scenic Jackson New Jersey
We're still on the Weight Watcher's thing - the wife has lost almost 40 pounds in four months. Amazing. I made her grilled salmon last night and we had a small portion leftover. Today I pulled a bunch of leftovers together into a gorgeous lunch. The star of the plate and what made all the leftovers seem exciting was a fresh peach chutney. Now what makes this fresh peach chutney so darned good is FRESH CURRY POWDER, it is so good fresh.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=164468

While I had the curry spices warming in a cast iron skillet on the stove top I peeled and sliced up my peaches. You gotta try this. Do the chutney with apples and add a little more rice wine vinegar. I make batches of pureed garlic and a pureed garlic/ginger paste and keep them in small mason jars with a little EVO as a preservative. So handy to have this made up in advance.

Mis en Place:

4 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
1 TBLS Rice Wine Vinegar
1 TBLS Lime Juice
1 TBLS Honey
1/2 Tsp garlic/ginger paste
1/2 Tsp garlic chile paste (or Tobasco sauce)
3 to 4 very thin slices of Vidalia onion
1 1/2 TSP homemade curry powder

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, toss well. Allow to rest 5 minutes, taste and adjust seasonings to your taste. Serve over grilled chicken, fish, or with a nice slab of filet mignon.

(Sunday lunch: teriyaki salmon, sticky rice, roasted vegetables and peach chutney - foreground plate: filet mignon, sticky rice, roasted veggies and peach chutney)

41156_429438762658_688147658_5239941_2774164_n.jpg

Last edited:
Pefect timing for me!
I just knocked the last dozen peaches off my tree.
So far I have made peach butter in my crockpot (thanks to Betty R's recipe on here), freezer-canned 3 pints & have 2 gallon-sized bags cutup in the freezer for smoothies.
I was running out of ideas...

Your peach chutney recipe will be used!

& Major Congrats to Nan
Do ya think she could lose 10-20 for me?
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom