May 18, 2011
i walked into the pen, alright everythings fine
i feed the roo and his ladies, next pen
i feed the chicks, last pen
i see one of my rhode island pullets, i look at her, lethargic..strange
i go over and pick her up
SHE HAS ONLY ONE LEG!!!!! DDD:
i'm so worried and upset and sad
i want to cry and just kick the bajezus out of whatever has done this.
i'm so sure it was the next door dog. but thats not the issue
the issue is will she live?
theres a massive hole in her body the leg was ripped out fully, theres not a bone sticking out, its so grusome
i want help, how do i save this girl, i am very attached to my rhode island pullets they have alot of sentimental value.
i'll post a photo in a minute or so

I can't imagine the pain and shock she is in. I wouldn't hesitate to end her suffering. When I love an animal, I love them enough to do the best thing I can for them including sometimes the hardest thing to do. I personally could not end her life, but I would have my better half help. I'm so very sorry for you and your girl. Make her comfortable indoors for tonight and think about which decision is right for you and your baby.
hugs.gif

alright, thanks
smile.png

i dont have any penicilin but i have some antibiotic creams, she has some maggots that have already taken to the hole so i'll have to clean it well.
92302_i_need_that_icure_295.jpg

92302_i_need_that_icure_291.jpg

nurse_turtle
thankyou so much! i know what you mean, half of me wants to end her pain and the other half of me just wants her to live because she means alot to me but i guess i'll just have to do my best, i cant kill her and i dont want to give her away to be put down i just want to help
it might be the wrong decision but i'm trying to believe she'll make it
thankyou though
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
lol Yeah, the pictures. They aren't that disgusting, but I still wasn't expecting that! lol And your welcome! :)

Gosh, this is one of the hardest things to see/hear about. I hope you have all the support you need and that she's healed or the other thing quickly. What a difficult thing! I'm so sorry!

Back
Top Bottom