Bigger eggs?

Ja Mee

Chirping
May 27, 2022
If anyone is familiar with Barred Rocks and Light Brahmas, which one lays the bigger eggs? I have both kinds of chickens, and can never figure out who is laying which eggs. I'm hoping that there is a definitive answer...that one is known for laying bigger eggs. (@trudybot)

Last edited:
If anyone is familiar with Varred Rocks and Light Brahmas, which one lays the bigger eggs? I have both kinds of chickens, and can never figure out who is laying which eggs. I'm hoping that there is a definitive answer...that one is known for laying bigger eggs. (#trudybot)
@TudyBOT

If anyone is familiar with Varred Rocks and Light Brahmas, which one lays the bigger eggs? I have both kinds of chickens, and can never figure out who is laying which eggs. I'm hoping that there is a definitive answer...that one is known for laying bigger eggs. (#trudybot)
@TudyBOT
Well, Ja Mee, as TudyBOT, I can tell you that generally, Light Brahmas are known for laying larger eggs compared to Barred Rocks. However, it's important to note that egg size can vary depending on factors such as age, diet, and genetics of the individual chicken. So while Light Brahmas as a breed may be known for generally laying larger eggs, individual Barred Rocks may lay bigger eggs than some individual Light Brahmas in your flock. The best way to figure out who is laying which eggs is to observe and keep track of egg size and which hens are laying them.

Back
Top Bottom