Biggest chicken pet peeve!

When people call Buff Orpingtons "Buffs" as if it's a breed.
Screenshot_20220810-203759-953.png
It's a breed. The most wonderful breed.

Anne the Buff.
20220110152528_IMG_1732~2.JPG

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-195458_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-195458_Google.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 1
View attachment 3218998Orpington is the breed, Buff is the color.

When people say buff, I don't know if you mean Buff Minorca,, Buff Cornish, Buff Orpington chicken, Buff Orpington duck, Buff turkey, Buff cochin, ect.
B-b-ut Dave holderread (my hero) said they were the only breed to ever be named for their color🥺

My chicken pet peeve?

LIMITS

Limits to how many I can hatch, limits to how many I can keep, limits to how many I can plan to breed…..just let me hatch, buy, & keep thousands of chickens.
Just get larger property and frak everyone else, your 10000s of chickens will be ur army!!!!

B-b-ut Dave holderread (my hero) said they were the only breed to ever be named for their color🥺
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Orpingtons come in several different colors. Orpington is the breed, buff, (or lavender, jubilee, black ) is the color. Certainly, buff is the most common color. It is also the most common color in cocker spaniels. You would still identify your dog as a cocker spaniel, not as a buff, or folks would just get confused.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Orpingtons come in several different colors. Orpington is the breed, buff, (or lavender, jubilee, black ) is the color. Certainly, buff is the most common color. It is also the most common color in cocker spaniels. You would still identify your dog as a cocker spaniel, not as a buff, or folks would just get confused.
Lavender, jubilee and Black are orpington chicken colors. Not orpington duck colors, of which I think there are only buff

Back
Top Bottom