BIGGEST HATCH EVER!!

chickdaddy103

In the Brooder
Nov 27, 2016
If you couldn't tell, this is my biggest hatch ever by FAR. The only other attempt was 4 quail eggs in a little giant still air incubator, which miserably failed. Just got this new generic fully automated 56 egg incubator off the interwebs, and filled 43 egg cups! So, seeing as I've never done this successfully, any tips or suggestions? Comments?

For the Janoel egg turned to work properly first make sure the cable is not binding any where. Then it is very important with the Janoel for the weight to be evenly distributed over all the rails. So be aware of not putting all the large eggs on one rail or one side of the turner. If using small eggs with large, distribute them throughout the rails for equal weight distribution. I make an x type pattern when using only a partial load of less than half. Test the turner for a day without any eggs to insure proper operations. Sometimes when all else fails a tiny, and i mean a tiny adjustment of the motor mounting screws is needed. From the picture it appears that all the large eggs are on far left rail, putting strain on the turner movement. Also it appears to be a knock off copy of the Janoel 8-48 incubator with cheaper parts. Especially the weaker turner motor that is prone to fail. No viewing ports on top like the Janoel and bottom appears to be opaque and not clear like the Janoel. If paying less than about 100 to 140 dollars it is a knock off.

Last edited:
If you couldn't tell, this is my biggest hatch ever by FAR. The only other attempt was 4 quail eggs in a little giant still air incubator, which miserably failed. Just got this new generic fully automated 56 egg incubator off the interwebs, and filled 43 egg cups! So, seeing as I've never done this successfully, any tips or suggestions? Comments?

How did this hatch turn out---we been waiting. Thanks

Additional comment --- For future usage of incubator ----after removing the turner on day 18, place paper towels on bottom of incubator now turned hatcher. It helps keep the mess down for later easier cleaning, helps dry off chicks, helps cut down on excessive egg movement during hatch and chicks running around the still unhatched eggs, and also keeps chicks from slipping on slick plastic grid and getting spraddle leg injury. When finished with removing all chicks to brooder, remove the paper toweling carefully to keep gunk from getting in water tray area. Use clean paper towels to soak up remaining water to keep from spilling water out of the bottom tray air intake shaft holes. Clean and sterilize immediately, do not use canned air to blow out top of machine components it can blow fluff into humidity sensor vents and fan bearing area, use a tiny dry water color or oil painting brush. How did the hatch turn out?

Back
Top Bottom