Bigzio's 3rd annual WI Cheesehead Chickenstock has been scheduled!

Ok Guys I'm posting because i want to know if anyone would be interested in a Speckled Sussex rooster and 2 or 3 hens, there good layers but they need a place that can free range them, when I ordered them it stated they do well in a pen...but that is not the case they are too hyper to be even in a large pen like I have, I have 4 hens and the rooster, but I want to keep 1 or 2 hens, and will sell the rest, If anyone is interested, make me an offer for the trio, and I will let ya know if I can make it a trio of hens and a roo, the rooster is ok, but he would also be better as free range guy, he is a bit testy when penned up with the ladies......... he's had a few treatments of I held him down and plucked out a bunch of his feathers, he seemed to mellow out after that, but I can't guarantee he will not need another treatment from whoever buys him.........the hens are nice and friendly a bit silly and they talk alot......... hehehe they each lay a medium sized tan egg a day with a break on Saturday or Sunday.......they love to forage and that is half my problem, they do go out late afternoon for a few hours prolem is I can't get them back in and I'm sick of trying to chase them down, and I'm afraid the Coyote or fox will get them if they keep staying out alone with the rooster or protection of the pen and coop................... Let me know..Kim

[quote name="FrenchToast"

Oh, the reason I posted. We will be bring a tent but I NEED electric too to charge up my peg leg !!! Yes I walk stiff but I will walk stiffer if it doesn't get charged !!! No comment BF4M and CC.
So if someone that gets there Friday can save me a good spot, close to the bathrooms would be nice. We should have an adult section so Bf4m's brats don't wake us adults up !!! LOL

[/quote]

Well for THAT comment Peg Leg Patty you're bring ME lilacs!!!

Remember Robocop... Frenchie is RoboChicken Lady! ;)

Its too bad I'm going to miss out on the good booze. No fairy cherries, no apple pie shots! :( I'm driving back later Sat afternoon and I can't drive three hrs if I've had any. I think FT should drive over Friday night. I'll bring the whipped cream to top off the shot glass. It's to DIE for!!!

BTW... We bought a CAMPER today!!! We will not be invading the bunkhouse. (except may be for a brooder.) it's a '97 Jayco pop up. Sleeps 8. SO excited!!!!

Jennie picked up a couple hot pink poster boards...we will put BYC with a arrow pointing folks the right direction off the highway...once you turn off simply go that way across the bridge and take the first left (gravel road) simply take the Boy Scout road all the way to the end through the open gate, and you are there.

I'll unlock the gate at Noon on Friday...anytime after that is fine. I'll help folks get aquainted with the facilities and help with questions they have.

We will have the cups there Frenchie....thanks for the offer.

No need to reserve a spot...I'll save Cind her spot....There are 11 other electric spots...last year only two were used, should be plenty for everyone that wants one.

LOL... Maybe we should just reserve the side to the right of the lodge (the bathroom side) for us "gimps"
tongue.png
CC... this would be your side too!
gig.gif
But I think the ramp is on the other side
hmm.png
If you need electric... don't forget a long heavy EXTENSION CORD!

LOL... Maybe we should just reserve the side to the right of the lodge (the bathroom side) for us "gimps"
tongue.png
CC... this would be your side too!
gig.gif
But I think the ramp is on the other side
hmm.png
If you need electric... don't forget a long heavy EXTENSION CORD!
Ooohhhh, thanks for the ext. cord tip, Cind! About how long?
Yes, us gimps need to be clustered close to the bathroom, please.
big_smile.png
I don't remember any ramp? I just jumped the little step by the door.
hu.gif
Cind can have the first spot & Frenchie the second. I'll take the next one. I am a little younger than them, so.............
ep.gif
lau.gif
No flat tires now, ladies!!!!!! Behave yourselves!
gig.gif

I'll also be bringing the Apple Pie Shots. I was thinking of making a kidney bean salad too. I don't think there is gluten in any of the salad dressings ???? I'll have to check.
Sandi, Terri gave me a few tips on making something truly "gluten-free" so it is safe for her to eat.

Quote:
Just so you know.
smile.png
I can understand her wanting to be cautious. Food allergies stink.
sad.png

If anyone is bringing anything containing pineapple, shrimp or artichokes, please let me know. Thank you!!!!!
hugs.gif

Quote: You Brat !!!! So you got a new camper !!!
tongue.gif
I can't believe the prices on used campers. I don't have an extra arm or leg to spare !!!

So is anyone sleeping in the bunk rooms. In case I chicken out of sleeping in the tent I can hit the bunk room. I figure I could always hang sheets around my bunk like my own fort !!! Really was spoiled last year and had one whole bunk room for ourselves. Hey Jim where are you sleeping ??

I'll have to run that by DH about coming up Friday night. If he could get off work early. Then maybe one of us could run back up here and tend to animals.
Last year we didn' know we were going to spend the night and did and the animals were fine. We tend to feed on the heavy side anyway.
And they all always have plenty of water. My only problem this year would be my ducks in the brooders. They go through so much water and I know if I give them extra when I leave it will still be gone within the same 15 minutes !!! Might just have to bring them all with. DH will have a fit !!! I have 4 brooders going right now and they are all getting way to crowded...........
th.gif

Did anyone see my message on Cheeseheads. Anyone live in Big Flats that could go look at a camper for me?
hugs.gif

Sandi, Terri gave me a few tips on making something truly "gluten-free" so it is safe for her to eat.

Quote:
Just so you know.  :)   I can understand her wanting to be cautious. Food allergies stink.  :(

If anyone is bringing anything containing [COLOR=FF0000]pineapple, shrimp [/COLOR]or [COLOR=FF0000]artichokes[/COLOR], please let me know. Thank you!!!!!  :hugs  

I was making you an artichoke and shrimp omelette for breakfast, with fresh squeezed pineapple juice! Are you telling me you're not going to eat a meal made especially for you? Made with love???

I was making you an artichoke and shrimp omelette for breakfast, with fresh squeezed pineapple juice! Are you telling me you're not going to eat a meal made especially for you? Made with love???
Can't say I feel like visiting the morgue anytime soon, so, um, that would be a NO, Sweet Cheeks!

Frenchie, DrH said he & Apyl are about the same distance away from there. Check the Cheesie thread.

So I am thinking about coming... Is there a quick 411 on this event or do i need to read through all 229 pages. I see the location, who is bringing what food, and dates. How about how much does it cost to camp? Thinking about coming Saturday evening and stay the night? Or maybe just saturday afternoon and evening and come home for sleeping. Not sure yet.

Back
Top Bottom