Bigzio's 3rd annual WI Cheesehead Chickenstock has been scheduled!

bl4, how do you know if they're bearded? I am so iris-illiterate.
roll.png
Are these bearded? Here is a pic of some of them. I also have some that are a solid light blue.

Oh for crying out loud girls !!!! You two are making it very difficult for me to decide who I want to sit by !!! I would love to sit in between the two of you just to hear the two of you going at it but then again I really don't feel like getting caught up in the middle of your food fight !!! :gig

Is Dr Ha coming on Friday or just Saturday !! He is a riot too. Well everyone is but he doesn't shut up !!! I was laughing all night, with your Dr Ha, not at you!!  :hugs
Jim is a riot too but he is very soft spoken, maybe I should sit next to him so I can hear all of his Bull, I mean Jokes !!! :gig Where is he today anyway? Playing cards  tonight? :confused:

Oh it'll be easy to choose... I'll be standing behind CC pushing her wherever she wants to go... The bunk house, the potty, down a hill... LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Really, I couldn't do it! What kind of example would I be setting for my kids? When in competition for the snottiest, take out the competition by rolling her down a steep embankment...? Nope... Bad example to set! :D

Here are some slightly better pics. Don't mind the weeds.
tongue.png

These are the ones that are more blue. It was windy as heck when I took these.

Weed whack him......

The only difference I know of between irises is the size of the flower and leaves.... Big leaves+Big flowers= Bearded Iris.
I would take a rhizome or two of the blues. When you transport them, cut all the foliage back to about 3 inches and remove most of the dirt. That should make transporting them easier. If anyone would like some plain jane yellow irises, I have plenty of those that could use some thinning.

CC those Iris's are bootiful !! Hint Hint !!! I'll take the bare roots of each color !!! I know I know you said ylol
ou weren't bringing anything but you said the Iris's right ? No hard feelings if you don't !!
smack.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

BL4 I'd love some yellow ones too !!! The purple and yellow were my highschool colors !!!

Anyone else for some lilac's ? Tamarack Trees? (limited number on the tamaracks (I ain't wading in the swamps to get them !!! LOL)

So I guess my wish list is:

Iris's Blue, Purple, Yellow
Trumpet Vine or two
Mulberry bush/tree or two
Tomato Plants
Green Pepper Plants

Anyother good stuff.

I can get other types of pines but they aren't blue spruce or red or white pines. Not sure what they are. I have clumps of pines just waiting to get transplanted. Regular up north woods pines !!!

I think I spotted a few birch trees but not sure if they are birch ???? I know stupid but I'm still learning.

Anyone have any Dahlia bulbs that they save year to year. I had some years ago that would over winter well in storage but the newer varieties don't seem to do as well.

Good evening everyone......... I'm getting a tad anxious for the week end already, and it's only Sunday.....LOL
Well we are still coming , but slight change in plans, my chicks are arriving Tuesday and my pet sitter backed out because she was afraid she would screw something up and kill my chicks, so we are gonna come Saturday after chores and stay as long as possible Sat. then come home to take care of critters ourselves...and make sure babies are good to go may return Sunday to say goodbye to those who stay... arg timing...I didn't think my chicks would ship so quick last year it took months I just ordered them May 1st.....

Also an update on the chickens I was bringing they will not be there............ my Mites are back again and I think they are coming in my bagged bedding???????? has anyone had this happen b4??? you can see my post on the cheesehead thread......... anyway see ya all Saturday..........Kim

Back
Top Bottom