Biodiverse Polyculture (USDA 8a Zone Pasture) - sounds better than "My Acres of Weeds"

Pics
What my mom called "pigweed" is what I (and google) call lambsquarters. It's the first crop I get out of my garden. I love that stuff. Pigweed (amaranth) is another "weed" I don't try to eradicate. The leaves are good when they're small. They get tough as they get bigger. Both self-seed quite well here.

What my mom called "pigweed" is what I (and google) call lambsquarters. It's the first crop I get out of my garden. I love that stuff. Pigweed (amaranth) is another "weed" I don't try to eradicate. The leaves are good when they're small. They get tough as they get bigger. Both self-seed quite well here.
I boil the big leaves like spinach, season, and melt cheese on them. Yummy.

So, it appears that my birds can successfully hunt down fresh seed 400 foot from the coop, deposited at night, after they have been fed, down the hill, and out of their view...

So, I'll be overfeeding them for the next week or so to reduce their desires to free range until at least some of the seed I've bought has a chance to sprout... Putting up $Hundred$ in temporary fencing to protect $60 in seed just doesn't seem practical.

Back
Top Bottom