Bird Breeder please help

Hen Hatcher

Hatching
Dec 2, 2015
Hi Bird breeder I tried to hatch 48 eggs in the JN8 48 and had no luck. I set the temp 37.3 and it kept creeping up. I adjusted the screen to reduce the temp but after a few days it kept creeping up.

The humidity sat between 55 - 65

and I didn't turn them at all

Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated??

Did you verify the temperature with a known accurate thermometer?

Why didn't you turn them?
That would have been your problem if you really didn't turn them. Not turning in the first week or so will doom them.

Hi Chicken Canoe I have some test egss in. I have been turning them but do i turn them pointy end up or just spin them as they sit? Also I cant get the temp down and humidity up. I have set the CA to -2.5 and LS 37.5 and HS to 37.8 the humidity is sitting around 44 setting the humidity alarm off constantly

If in a container, the pointy end is always down to keep the air pocket toward the top.
Then the container would have to be tilted so the yolk will move from side to side.
Usually, unless people use an automatic turner, they lay the egg on its side. Mark an X on one side and an O on the other and turn from side to side several times a day.

The yolk will tend to rise. What you're trying to accomplish is to keep it centered and to give more nutrition to the growing embryo.

Have you verified the temperature with a known accurate thermometer?

Back
Top Bottom