Bird Mites

The eggbox

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2023
Hi Everyone, I am new here, but have been raising chickens for over 20 years! I have never had a mite problem like this, first I did the wood ash and DE, then I did Elector PSP, and Ivermectin in their water, still got mites!!! Any help would be appreciated, the sad thing, the mites have come into my home and I am getting bit!

Did you do a full clean out of the coop and treat the coop too? Did you repeat the process at 7 days?

Can you get a picture of the mites?

My understanding is bird mites don't bite people.

LOL, yes that was my understanding, have not seen anything like it in my 20 years, they are tiny little brown mites that crush easy if I see them and pinch them between your fingers, if not they take a bite, I will post pics tomorrow!

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/control-solutions-permethrin-133-32-oz
no more red mite problem.
non toxic do not get the 10%
get the 13.3 martins permethrin and mix it as directed . instructions comes with and easy to find on line. If its warm enough where you are, you can dip the birds.
spray everything, every crack, board, wall, ground, under, over, around.... I use it in the house for bugs. about the only warning was cats and puppies if i remember right. its in the instructions so...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom