Bird nest in fertilizer bag...

They do look like wren eggs to me :)
Plus I can faintly see in the first picture that the mom has white stripes above her eyes like wrens do. Probably a carolina wren to be more specific
But again, that's just a guess, I'm no expert :)

I think you are correct! She flew out and landed on the chicken pen briefly and appeared to look exactly like what google says a "Carolina Wren" looks like, so I think you get the golden star =)

UPDATE: It appears that the mother bird has kicked two of the four eggs out of the nest. Any ideas as to why? She is still sitting on the two that are still in the nest.

UPDATE: It appears that the mother bird has kicked two of the four eggs out of the nest. Any ideas as to why? She is still sitting on the two that are still in the nest.
The nest might be to small for when the chicks hatch, this happens if a momma decides that she won’t be able to take care of all of them. The eggs might have just fallen though. I’d suggest putting the eggs back in the nest if they’re undamaged, they can’t smell your sent(that’s just and old wives tale).

The nest might be to small for when the chicks hatch, this happens if a momma decides that she won’t be able to take care of all of them. The eggs might have just fallen though. I’d suggest putting the eggs back in the nest if they’re undamaged, they can’t smell your sent(that’s just and old wives tale).

I wish i'd thought of that before. They've been out of the nest since yesterday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom