Bird Watchers Thread

Do you participate in bird watching?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
haha, poult. It's funny how you put that. But their randy-ness isn't. It's frustrating. Over in the call duck thread Amykins is struggling with her very sexually frustrated drake who is a single male that's less than a year old and who's behaving crazily since he has no outlet. Biology and nature....but then without it, life wouldn't perpetuate itself.

Yes I agree 100% What I found odd was our neighbor free ranges his chickens and 50% are girls & 50% are boys yet not one hen has messed up feathers from being overmated.I decided that it was because mine are penned and the females can't run away & that's why I need a certain male to female ratio.They do get caught but not nearly as often when free ranged.

Last edited:
Yes I agree 100% What I found odd was our neighbor free ranges his chickens and 50% are girls & 50% are boys yet not one hen has messed up feathers from being overmated.I decided that it was because mine are penned and the females can't run away & that's why I need a certain male to female ratio.They do get caught but not nearly as often when free ranged.
but isn't free ranging risky? I would be so afraid of predators. I am not questioning anyone's rights to manage their pet fowl but you love your boys so much. Will their sexual desires wane in a few months? How's your quest for girls going?

Oh i am not into free ranging that scares the heck out of me! It is extremely risky he doesn't care if his die though. I have mine fenced in. Yes they will calm down in a few months but I still need to get them girls that's torture. I am still searching but better I found a shelter close to me & they have me on a contact list if they get any females. :) & I am talking with someone on BYC about their female muscovy that's for sale. So good!

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/958763/female-adult-ducks-preferably-muscovy-but-will-take-other-offers layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED]

Oh i am not into free ranging that scares the heck out of me! It is extremely risky he doesn't care if his die though. I have mine fenced in. Yes they will calm down in a few months but I still need to get them girls that's torture. I am still searching but better I found a shelter close to me & they have me on a contact list if they get any females. :) & I am talking with someone on BYC about their female muscovy that's for sale. So good!

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/958763/female-adult-ducks-preferably-muscovy-but-will-take-other-offers layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED]
Good, whew. Glad you keep your sweet boys protected. And your ad rocks!! I liked the response that you got already. Hoping some sexy ladies come thru soon for your young lads.

Good, whew. Glad you keep your sweet boys protected. And your ad rocks!! I liked the response that you got already. Hoping some sexy ladies come thru soon for your young lads.

Thanks! Me too! :fl I am really trying to start only rescuing animals or take in animals in need of homes instead of shopping for them since so many animals need homes.

Thanks! Me too! :fl I am really trying to start only rescuing animals or take in animals in need of homes instead of shopping for them since so many animals need homes.
you're welcome, poult. I really like that you are going for rescue birds. They couldn't end up in a better home than yours.

I saw the most beautiful little hawk this week & of course i had no binoculars or camera with me! It landed to and was on a tall cedar tree looking for field mice.

I saw the most beautiful little hawk this week & of course i had no binoculars or camera with me! It landed to and was on a tall cedar tree looking for field mice.
oh nice poult. For me it's always a treat to see raptors. I hope he caught some.

Back
Top Bottom