Bird watching

Pics
I am not sure we have grouse up in these mountains. I have heard there are Prairie Chickens down in the low lands though.

ya we have a few of them around at least two of them. nice bird.  
i really only see grouse when where out hunting (never shot one yet but there tasty as i have eaten them before) but rarely see ruffed grouse, really only the sharp tail. 

also too bad with all the coyotes we have as we used to have Hungarian partridges where i live. 

Aw that's neat. We have lots of turkeys hanging around this week lol

And maybe we have grouse and I've never seen them

Aw that's neat. We have lots of turkeys hanging around this week lol

And maybe we have grouse and I've never seen them
turkeys would be awesome to have around. really cool birds.

and grouse are really hard to see, the ruffed grouse is always in the trees and blends in all year (until snow fall that is) and the sharp tail can be in farm fields so you have to get out and walk to spook em up.

That's quite a list of birds you have in your state! LOTS of water birds! 

Yeah! I just reread it, like the intro, and apparently a lot of them are rare or maybe just passed through and have been recorded a few times, the ones with the R mostly, and lime for instance, I've never seen pelicans LOL, but yeah, we still have quite a bit of birds!! And yup, lots of water birds! Massachusetts has, of course, the ocean and lots of beaches but also a lot of rivers, ponds/lakes, fresh and salt water marshes, brackish areas (both fresh and salt, like where a river meets an ocean), etc. So lots of habitat for water birds!

In my area I usually see mostly Canadian geese, mallard ducks, and on certain ponds, swans. On the beaches and out on the water there's tons of sea gulls and terns, of course I can't tell any of them apart but there's probably at least a few species lol. Sometimes there's ducks in the harbors which I would think would be bad for them but oh well. There's also all sorts of plovers on the beaches, there's more species on Cape Cod. But I know even here it's kind of a big problem/controversy because they used to fence off certain areas of the beach during plover nesting season but now I think they sometimes just close the beach completely, sometimes for like a month or so or more which is obnoxious if you paid for a beach permit (they're expensive too). But I think they did it because the "fence" was just a rope across and people just wouldn't care and would go in the restricted areas anyway or let their dogs run through it. If you're not gonna obey the rules, well, then, the beach is just gonna be closed, it sucks but they should listen lol but also they claim they are "endangered" and hire people to count them every year but yet there are sooo many of them running around which I think annoys people. I don't know, I love birds but they should find a balance. But ANYWAY. Yeah, lots of water birds hah

turkeys would be awesome to have around. really cool birds. 

and grouse are really hard to see, the ruffed grouse is always in the trees and blends in all year (until snow fall that is) and the sharp tail can be in farm fields so you have to get out and walk to spook em up. 

I love them! I've gotten somewhat attached lol so much so I am wondering where they went today. They were here briefly this morning though.

And ohhhh okay, that makes sense then

But here is the story ish

I finally befriended the turkeys after almost two weeks! And turns out there are not one, not two, but THREE toms! And I guess they're not competing for girls after all :gig they all run together. I think the other two are teenagers so to speak and "Blue Face" is the dominant one, which explains why the other two never strut and they don't have quite the facial features yet. Anyway, we're cool now. :D

Back
Top Bottom