Birds are nIcE.

mew317

Chirping
Feb 9, 2018
image.jpg
Hi! I’m Mew37, call me Mew. I have gotten many chickens throughout my chicken years. I got 3 birds named Peggy, Ned, and Meg. They are parakeets(?) or budgies.
Here’s my chicken story of Digger, Wobbles and Sunny.

I was 4 or 5 when I got my first indoor chicken named Digger.
Digger was a nice little rooster but he had mental problems and crooked beak.
Either way, he was fine. So, Digger didn’t know how to eat bread, which, we taught him. Digger got sick multiple times and then one day, his little heart just stopped. I got so sad but then poof, Wobbles appears after a few years.

I was 8 when we first got him.
Wobbles was a little chicken with the same problems but had a messed up skull due to missing a eye, which I found out. Wobbles was a rooster and was so cute. Wobbles was a handsome rooster and was gonna turn 1 when I was gonna be 9. Turns out one day in fall(?) he got killed by a raccoon.

I was 10 (which I am right now atm.) when we hatched off Sunny.
Sunny was the oldest of the 4 chicks (which one died!) as siblings. Sunny is still alive and going as she lays eggs for us, she’s a hen that’s not a year old yet. She was hatched with Sylvester and Lucy and now Sylvester and Lucy live in a coop. Sunny was my friend and she’s good to be around. Sunny will come up to the door and let me pet her but Elvis (Black and Orange moptop rooster without a tail and aggressive) always appears after.

I got a picture of the 3 birds I have btw. The green ones a male, the blue and whites are female.

Chickens are always an adventure aren't they?

Nice budgies. I currently have 4. They are nice little birds.

Are parakeets and budgies the same? Also, parayeets are cool.
Parakeets includes many different species. Budgerigars get grouped into the group because it's body shape is that of parakeets. So they are parakeets, but their official name is budgerigar or budgie for short. Most Americans say parakeets probably because their are no native species of parakeets in America that aren't extinct, but maybe the name was just easier to use.

I spelt parakeet wrong. Also, cool! The green one is Ned, the blue but white headed on the right is Peggy, and the one on the left is Meg.

Cool! I could possibly find a picture of Sunny or have to get her out in the morning. She’s a nice hen that’s small with no chicks yet.

Back
Top Bottom