Birds that will not destroy gardens

I do have a dog that has full access to the yard where this will be, I plan on having 8 foot walls and maybe a roof if I have to adopt flying birds. so I am afraid that if I bring the birds my dog will eat them

Yes, I see how that would be a problem. Wild birds might be your best bet--hang a bird feeder they can perch on, high enough that the dog cannot get them.

I want to have a short tree in one corner and the rest will be a meadow with flowers a couple of shrubs and some taller flowers The wall will also be covered in vining plants hopefully

How big is this garden?

Sounds pretty! No, I don't think it's big enough to work well with any ground-dwelling birds there permanently. I don't know enough about the flying kinds to say for sure.

Frogs! salamanders

Sounds like a rabbit would love it. I Don't know how much damage would be acceptable to you. My chicken yard is decimated. There is one raspberry bush and there are 2 small, but super established forsythia bushes. They have taken a huge beating, but so far are determined to survive. They've lasted 2 months. The one hen in the chicken yard even completely trashed a stand of irises. So far the giant grapevine has resisted her.

In contrast, my one rabbit's yard still has lots of violet plants. He eats the irises, and the hostas, but not with a vengeance like the chicken.

There's an apple farm that I've gone to that has rabbits in a big pen. The rabbits have made holes and live in the ground. There's not much vegetation. But it is quite a few rabbits. Then again they do... breed like rabbits.

A reasonable suggestion is leave your plants long so they show you the breezes.

Pheasants need a lot of space.
100 sqft isn't much....10' x 10'.
Maybe quail?

want to convert my 46 gal freshwater tank into a stock pond
What kind of fish?
Your fish pond will need filtration.

What is your climate?
Here's how to add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1591019629210.png

Back
Top Bottom