Birmingham Roller with hurt leg.

Kingsgirl

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2023
My male out of a pair has a hurt leg, what do I do if he can't help with the eggs and babies when they hatch? Should I incubate the eggs and hand feed? I only have six pigeons, and I really want these babies.

How serious is the injury? Does he have a light limp or totally incapacitated leg?

If the injury is not too severe he could probably recover while still with the hen and eggs. If anything I would think sitting on a nest half the day would be better for a light leg injury than being in an isolated hospital cage and potentially trying to escape.

How serious is the injury? Does he have a light limp or totally incapacitated leg?

If the injury is not too severe he could probably recover while still with the hen and eggs. If anything I would think sitting on a nest half the day would be better for a light leg injury than being in an isolated hospital cage and potentially trying to escape.
The leg is badly injured, but he's still doing his job, I'm just keeping salve on it, watching him closely and hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom