Birthday Cake for chickens

Ducklord123

Chirping
Mar 31, 2020
Hello!!!
so this may be a bit mad but... its my precious rooster's first birthday on the 7th of April and i want to celebrate!
He is the most beautiful pekin bantam called Cosmos and he is so friendly. I've nearly had him for a year and i love him to bits!!!
I want to make a birthday cake for him that is both edible for people and chickens if possible. It would be a plain cake served with fruits but I'm just looking for a bit of advice to make sure i don't upset his tummy. The ingredients would be butter, flour, sugar and eggs (I know some people don't like feeding eggs to chickens but i am okay with it and have done in the past).
I just want to make sure he wont get sick and google has said chocolate cake is very bad but not if plain cake is.
This is all basically so he and his ladies can share a slice of cake and get a nice treat during flock down!
Thanks!
- Wren :)

I don't see a problem with that if it's just a small slice, but maybe limit the amount of sugar in the cake because it's not great for chickens. A little is okay though if it's just once a year. Then have some frosting you can put on the slices going to humans so it's still sweet. :)

HBD to Cosmos!

Hello!!!
so this may be a bit mad but... its my precious rooster's first birthday on the 7th of April and i want to celebrate!
He is the most beautiful pekin bantam called Cosmos and he is so friendly. I've nearly had him for a year and i love him to bits!!!
I want to make a birthday cake for him that is both edible for people and chickens if possible. It would be a plain cake served with fruits but I'm just looking for a bit of advice to make sure i don't upset his tummy. The ingredients would be butter, flour, sugar and eggs (I know some people don't like feeding eggs to chickens but i am okay with it and have done in the past).
I just want to make sure he wont get sick and google has said chocolate cake is very bad but not if plain cake is.
This is all basically so he and his ladies can share a slice of cake and get a nice treat during flock down!
Thanks!
- Wren :)
Awh, I wanted to make a safe cake for my ducks birthdays
Ended up just giving them a bowl of calci worms, egg, oats, fruit
They went nuts for it lol

Back
Top Bottom