Birthday is next week--would this be a good incubator for a newbie?!?!

sarahandbray

Songster
5 Years
Aug 12, 2014
So I'll be 37 next Saturday!! Two years ago, I got an iPad and a new car. This year, I've asked for an INCUBATOR, my first Carhartt jacket and Muck boots! :) My, my how the times have changed!!

If you wanted a decent-sized, relatively fool proof, newbie incubator, would you get the HovaBator Genesis 1588 w/automatic turning tray?

From what I've read on here and online elsewhere, this seems to be a decent compromise. I don't want something mini and don't want a big, $$ cabinet-style.

For a table-top, $150-$200ish system, is this my best bet?
And what other necessities do I need to get this started, right out of the gate? A good candler?

Thanks!!!! So excited!

Sarah

Happy Birthday! :ya And don't forget to put some eggs on your b-day list!
I like the 1588s, they are my favorite styrofoam incubator, really like them for hatching. Not sure if you have seen them, but there are 10 reviews on them in that section and people seem quite happy with them https://www.backyardchickens.com/pr...genesis-egg-incubator-w-electronic-therm-1588
I'd go for an extra thermometer for sure and consider another humidity gauge.

My hubby got me a Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco a few months back. I'm getting ready to put my first eggs in this weekend. We've decided that we want to incubate more than 20 eggs at a time, so I just ordered the GQF 1588 today! I did a lot of research and this one got good reviews, so that's why I went with it. Can't wait to check it out!

Back
Top Bottom