Bit by the hatching bug ... Marans hatch

mattsinger

Songster
6 Years
Mar 9, 2013
Davison, MI
Well, here we go again. Last year, I purchased some nice Black Copper Marans pullets from BJs Poultry, and acquired a blue spash roo with the intention of hatching some Blue Copper Marans this spring. From what I can tell comparing the eggs to pics on the internet...the eggs look fertile, so I thought Id start collecting some and give a hatch a try. Then I made the mistake of looking around on line....and next think you know, I have another dozen Marans eggs on the way. So I plan to set about 24 eggs this Friday if all goes well. Should be fun.;

Well, I'm making progress. I have 10 of my own eggs, and just got 15 in the mail today. I should be ready to set them in the bator tomorrow afternoon. I have all the eggs sitting fat side up...bator has been holding temp for a couple days.. I think Im ready. This is only my second attempt at hatching.....I did learn a few things my first time around and hope to have decent success.

I just hatched some Marans last week. It was my first hatch as well. I'm afraid 5 of the 7 may be roosters:(

Back
Top Bottom