Bittersweet Day......

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by steffpeck, Feb 24, 2009.

1. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Today has been a bittersweet day for me. One of my favorite pullets has not been well since last Wednesday. I have tried everything and she just has not been getting better. I finally decided today to take her to the vet to have her put to sleep and have her necroscopied. I am getting new chicks in a few weeks and I fear that she has something that could be harmful to them. So for the health of my whole flock as well as the new babies coming I decided that was what best for us. After I got home from taking her to the vets, I went out to the coop to let everyone out and to check for any eggs from late layers and much to my surprise I found a blue egg sitting in one of the nest boxes. I started to scream, and scared the heck out of my poor birds. My DS (2 years old)and I jumped around and were screaming WooHoo!!! It was quite funny. So as sad as I am over the loss of my dear Tink, I am very happy to finally have a blue egg!!!! Now if the other 5 will get laying then I will be really happy!!

My Dear Tink
    [​IMG]

First Blue Egg
    [​IMG]

2. blossom hen

blossom hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    NE Tx
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Bittersweet, indeed. so sorry to hear of the death of your beloved Tink. She looked like a sweetie.

4. trinity

trinity Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Amarillo Texas
    sorry for your lose...and congrates

5. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    Oh, I am so sorry. It is difficult to lose one. Very pretty markings on Tink.

6. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    I'm sorry you lost Tink. She looks very sweet in her pic. RIP, Tink.

Have fun with your blue eggs! I never get tired of seeing a blue egg in the nestbox! I just love EEs and Ameraucanas!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by