Bizarre Craigslist interaction

I used to have a in home daycare, licensed, rated, etc. I made the mistake of putting an ad on Craig’s list and met more crazy people than I could handle. One guy called me and his first question was “what color hair you got?” Me “why?” Him “dont trust my kids with red heads.”
I am a red head.
Weirdo problem solved.

Im a bit curious, anyone ever sell any animals then have the customer contact them at some point cuz one or some of the burds or anything died or predators got em or something cuz vasicly blames you saying why didnt you warn me about this ir that possibly happening, and maybe you saying you should do your research?(didn't and hasn't and hopefully won't happen to me just curious)

Im a bit curious, anyone ever sell any animals then have the customer contact them at some point cuz one or some of the burds or anything died or predators got em or something cuz vasicly blames you saying why didnt you warn me about this ir that possibly happening, and maybe you saying you should do your research?(didn't and hasn't and hopefully won't happen to me just curious)
Not the blame. I did have a customer return all of their remaining birds once because a raccoon got the rest of them. I've also had a couple of roo returns. I have a policy that if I ever sell a bird as a hen and it turns out to be a roo, I exchange it.

Not the blame. I did have a customer return all of their remaining birds once because a raccoon got the rest of them. I've also had a couple of roo returns. I have a policy that if I ever sell a bird as a hen and it turns out to be a roo, I exchange it.
When they returned, did they just not want to deal with it so they just gave them to you? Or did you give them some money back ? And i like that roo policy with coturnix

I tell people the same, if a hen turns out to be a roo, let me know, I’ll replace it, but so far it hasn’t happened that I know of.

I had 2 people contact me after and say 1 of their adult birds they bought, died in the first day or 2. One showed me no proof when I asked and the conversation just stopped there, the other sent a photo and I offered a new bird and set up a meetup, and 5 minutes before we were to meet, he cancelled due to family emergency and never called me back. I’m happy to make things right, within reason, most people call me for more birds because they’re happy, not to complain lol. If you do a good job, I think it usually goes well.

When they returned, did they just not want to deal with it so they just gave them to you? Or did you give them some money back ? And i like that roo policy with coturnix
I exchange or take roos. I haven't had to give cash back yet, and don't expect to. 95% of the time, if you deal fairly with people, they deal fairly back.

Besides people telling me my Phoenix are mutts (they're not, seriously. I have no clue how to prove it besides the fact both parents meet the standard), I don't have many problems apart from people thinking my price is too high (maybe it is, but they still pay it). The nice thing is that apart from one currently being questioned here, males are easy to tell at about 4 weeks and I almost always have some available during spring/summer/early fall because these things are constantly hiding and coming back with babies

Back
Top Bottom