Black Acres: The chickens that saved me

Pics
Gosh, the run looks so warm and sunny I can almost feel it. Such a great job on everything. Flock looks absolutely fabulous.
Hope the boys don't cause too much additional stress 🍗🫕
Hows your daughter today? Rest of family all good? ♡♡♡ My husband never caught from me or anyone else that I know of. I never felt other than mild symptoms. I hope you all fare well.
I think Sammy will mellow out. I think the new layers just have him a little egg-cited. 😆

Daughter is doing well. She’s very bored and tired of being stuck in her room. So far, no one else has any symptoms. My son had it back in August and I managed to nurse him without catching it, hopefully the same will be true this time! Thank you for asking about her. 🥰

How is your daughter doing? Is she feeling any better? How r you feeling?

I agree snow looks beautiful, and yep for sure miserable for doing chores! My biggest issue is freezing cold fingers!! And my cheeks too...
She’s doing well! I’m good too. Just been keeping a close eye on her and serving as her personal chef and waitress along with all of my other daily tasks so I’ve been very busy. Thank you for checking!

The cold fingers is what gets me. I’ve yet to find gloves that are good for chores. Warm gloves are bulky and make chores difficult and thinner gloves aren’t warm!

Lovely!

Yes he is very striking! What wild colouring 🤗

My splash hen lays blue eggs! I find it amazing how they lay different colours, don't you?
It is fascinating to me all of the different colors an egg can be. I have a Cream Legbar that will lay blue so I can’t wait for her to reach POL. I don’t have any that will lay white. All shades of brown except the Legbar. I’d love to get an olive egger! 🌈

It is fascinating to me all of the different colors an egg can be. I have a Cream Legbar that will lay blue so I can’t wait for her to reach POL. I don’t have any that will lay white. All shades of brown except the Legbar. I’d love to get an olive egger! 🌈
Cream legante can lay blue? I don’t think they can…

Olive eggers are real nice!

Cream legante can lay blue? I don’t think they can…

Olive eggers are real nice!
They are blue. I tried copying McMurray link but would not let me. Here is the write up. Neat chooks ♡

The Cream Legbar chickens lay a beautiful blue egg. One of the most popular auto-sexing breeds in the world, the Cream Legbar is still very rare in the United States.

Female hens sport a small crest and are silver grey with a salmon-colored breast. Roosters are cream with long saddle and hackle feathers, and dark gray barring on the breast and tail.

These blue egg layers are very alert, productive, and good in a free range setting.

They are blue. I tried copying McMurray link but would not let me. Here is the write up. Neat chooks ♡

The Cream Legbar chickens lay a beautiful blue egg. One of the most popular auto-sexing breeds in the world, the Cream Legbar is still very rare in the United States.

Female hens sport a small crest and are silver grey with a salmon-colored breast. Roosters are cream with long saddle and hackle feathers, and dark gray barring on the breast and tail.

These blue egg layers are very alert, productive, and good in a free range setting.
Oooh, ok! Thanks!

My two grey hens lay olive eggs, tho one is a bit more blue 🤗

I don't have any white eggs either.

She’s doing well! I’m good too. Just been keeping a close eye on her and serving as her personal chef and waitress along with all of my other daily tasks so I’ve been very busy. Thank you for checking!

The cold fingers is what gets me. I’ve yet to find gloves that are good for chores. Warm gloves are bulky and make chores difficult and thinner gloves aren’t warm!
so glad your daughter is doing well. 💖

YES!! Me too, I suffer in winter, my finger tips are constantly sore...

I found wrapping the pitch fork and shovel with hockey tape gives something to grip with mittens. And if you twist it while you wrap it around the handles it gives you even more grip.

I bought a
IMG_20220120_130738.jpg
heated waterer last week and I love be it!!!! So happy I bought it no more frozen water, and the chickies are drinking more water as the chill is taken out of it.

Back
Top Bottom