Black Acres: The chickens that saved me

Pics
Also-- love your profile pic! Finally, a silkie with FEATHERS instead of fur!! 🤣
She’s a satin smooth Silkie and my absolute favorite Silkie. Her name is DJ. 🥰
76BF616C-B459-48B7-A108-31BD48EF0D16.jpeg

I put stock tank heater (that goes on @36°) in trash can with horizontal nipples after last year's polar artic H.LL!!!!
And it has so far kept it from freezing up and nipples even work.! I'm so impressed so far.
I know they love warm water even more tho (which we have in raised coop)
but if there's no snow and they're outside they like water @ their level LAZY GIRLS :eek:
I’m hoping to make something similar this Spring. I will definitely be more prepared for Winter next year.

Hello everyone! Covid has officially left the building; well, my house at least. 😁 My daughter is feeling good, has finally tested negative and was released from quarantine today. She’s still experiencing some brain fog, but other than that, she’s back to her old self. I’ve been a bit under the weather now but am covid negative. I’m fairly certain mine is sinus related. Our temps are bouncing all over from single digits to 50’s so the daily pressure changes are messing with me. I’m spending today washing bedding and sanitizing things.

Satin Silkies have smooth feathers like what people are used to seeing in a chicken instead of being fluffy.
Really, I just know that when you cross a silkie with a normal feathered chicken the first Generation always had normal feathers (f1) after that, depending on which chicken you mix you can either get silkie feathers or normal feather in the next generation (f2)
Are you, in any way, fan of „Fuller house“? Cos of the name „DJ“ or did you just like the name?

Hello everyone! Covid has officially left the building; well, my house at least. 😁 My daughter is feeling good, has finally tested negative and was released from quarantine today. She’s still experiencing some brain fog, but other than that, she’s back to her old self. I’ve been a bit under the weather now but am covid negative. I’m fairly certain mine is sinus related. Our temps are bouncing all over from single digits to 50’s so the daily pressure changes are messing with me. I’m spending today washing bedding and sanitizing things.
Glad everyone is on the mend 🤗

Back
Top Bottom