Black Australorp Hen???

I'd advertise him with lots of pics and a good write up and hopefully someone needs a stud in their flock. Many people end up with nasty Roos and would gladly welcome a nice one. Good luck!

I was just trying to help and when I wrote set it our in the wild I meant that you should do that if there were absolutely no other options possible and it's true it is the worst thing that you can do. I just posted it so that if there was no farms or animal shelters near you, you couldn't keep him at all, you couldn't possibly kill him, or nobody wanted him, then your only option is to set it out in the wild. People have told me to do that and I didn't want to but my parents forced me to do that with my roo. I think my parents thought that he was tough enough to handle it.

Last edited:
I was just trying to help and when I wrote set it our in the wild I meant that you should do that if there were absolutely no other options possible and it's true it is the worst thing that you can do.  I just posted it so that if there was no farms or animal shelters near you, you couldn't keep him at all, you couldn't possibly kill him, or nobody wanted him, then your only option is to set it out in the wild.  People have told me to do that and I didn't want to but my parents forced me to do that with my roo.  I think my parents thought that he was tough enough to handle it. 

Sometimes we do what we have to do. Heck I'm eating a chicken sandwich right now! :p Dealing with extra Roos is tough.

I was just trying to help and when I wrote set it our in the wild I meant that you should do that if there were absolutely no other options possible and it's true it is the worst thing that you can do. I just posted it so that if there was no farms or animal shelters near you, you couldn't keep him at all, you couldn't possibly kill him, or nobody wanted him, then your only option is to set it out in the wild. People have told me to do that and I didn't want to but my parents forced me to do that with my roo. I think my parents thought that he was tough enough to handle it.
No matter what your parents say, you should never release domesticated animals into the wild. Never ever! Some may survive, some may get taken by a predator and plenty more will starve to death slowly. Those that do survive can become awful pests and unbalance the natural order of the ecosystem. We have plenty of examples of this in Australia - cats, dogs, rabbits, foxes, etc etc. Domestic animals are OUR responsibility. We made them, we have to look after them.

Thanks for the help NO RELEASING to the "wild". Cant imagine that is good for anyone. In my area I have been warned that Craigslist ROOS can be used for cockfighting so I will avoid that.
I will look into the FEED store and shelter. I guess I have a last resort. So sad. He is the most beautiful chicken ever. (
All roosters are beautiful! I have had to part with 5 this year, I've been really unlucky! But I did manage to find homes for them all. Phew! Good luck and yes, take lots of pictures! People do tend to respond more if they see some nice pictures.

Back
Top Bottom